Need a little help with tap tails.

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by dddannn, Aug 30, 2016.

1. dddannn

dddannn New Member

Whenever I have fitted sinks in the past, the tails usually just screw onto a 15mm isolation valve. Well I am fitting my own kitchen this week and the female end of the tails is a smaller diameter than my 15 mm isolation valves. Any compression fittings available to allow me to connect onto my 15mm pipe and onto the tails?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Where did you get the tap from, is it a European/USA type flex, normal they would fit right on an isolator valve.

3. dddannn

dddannn New Member

I bought it online from a UK retailer. Not sure of the website from the top of my head but I think the tap is made by a European company. Are the male ends where they enter the tap a standard size across regions? Is it worth me just buying new tails?

4. Phil the Paver

No unfortunately not, there are a few different sizes, 8mm, 10mm, 15mm?.

Post a pic of the other end.

You could use these 3/8 to 1/2" connectors with a piece of 15mm copper in between them and the isolator valves.

⅜½-tap-tail-adapter.jpg

5. dddannn

dddannn New Member

Yes! Do you have a link for those fittings? I can't seem to find them on the screwfix site.

6. Phil the Paver

7. dddannn

dddannn New Member

Cool thanks a lot for your help!

8. G&W Plumbing & Heating

G&W Plumbing & Heating Active Member

They likely be 3/8",