Need washing machine waste pipe moved

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Kaz69, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Talon

Talon New Member

That's already 40mm pipe!

2. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

that waste pipe is 40 mm. ( 1 1/2 inch abs) and the trap looks like a washing machine standpipe and trap. your Quid's in mate !!!

3. Kaz69

Kaz69 Member

Ahhhh that's perfect then, just looked back at the pipe to the soil stack and I see the 1 1/2 printed on it lol
    I was sure it was 32mm as got a stop for the opening which fit perfect but looking at it they must of used a 32 for just the pipe that the flexi goes into.

So now I just need to fit a connector for the water hose to connect on to.

Cheers everyone for all the help really appreciate it. This newbie def learnt a lot over this lol

4. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

might just be the photo giving the wrong appearance ,but the standpipe looks very low ??? needs to be around 28 inches from floor to top .

5. Kaz69

Kaz69 Member

Terrmac I just measured from the floor to the top of the standpipe and it's 13 inches. But the manual says
    • Thehoseshouldbeattachedtoaheightofat least 40 cm, and 100 cm at most

So I'm about 10cm off which I guess I can make up with some extra pipe

6. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

what manual are you refering to ,and is it waste pipe into a standpipe ??? 40 cms seems very low to me .you can buy a new standpipe and trap complete for 10 quid at screwfix , if need be.

7. Kaz69

Kaz69 Member

manual which came with the washing machine, I did think it was low but when it said that I thought it was fine.

8. Kaz69

Kaz69 Member

Hi All,

just a final update. So have the stand pipe refitted to make it taller for the waste pipe, then had a new washing machine valve fitted to the cold water pipe (after checking it was from the mains) and then had the hot water pipe cut back and then capped.

Did plan to do it myself but as things got in the way I had to get someone in to do it but at least its done now and i've learnt a good deal from this post.

Thanks again everyone