Never learn!!

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by plumberboy, Sep 6, 2014.

1. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

Did a job for a builder I've done work for alot,this was fit new bathroom suite do the tiling we never spoke money as I've never had any issues with them before.They paid the invoice with £550.00 short,so I phoned them up and left a message and they email me saying that's the price we agreed. *!!!!:mad:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2014
  2. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

It happen to me as well a few weeks ago. everthing was verbal, nothing in writing and he paid cash on completion, i just put it in my pocket cos i trusted him but when I counted it I was £50 short. I phoned him to thank him for a prompt payment but,,,,guess what, he said the same, that's the price we agreed,So always always always put it in writing and count the money, I know its my own fault but I'll put it on the next job, everybodies out to shaft you today, :(

3. plumberboy

Your right Tom,it was my own fault and in away it wasn't the money so much but more the way they did it especially when I think the amount of times I've done emergency jobs for them.
    On the plus side I'm in with lots of other builders so I'll slate their name a bit,well a lot.;)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  4. H3xc0d3

H3xc0d3 Member

I can understand 50 short but 550? that's just a joke

5. Thrudgle

Thrudgle Member

I did a job once.

Never again.

6. plumberboy

Lazy!!:p:D

7. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

thudggles means a hand job i think, yea you're right H3xod3, PB ought to send the boys round for that amount of discrepancy , my worst ever non paying builder was a scouse firm that went bust owing all the tradesmen money, he done me for £9000, it still leaves a bitter taste, he started up again several months later, I never got a penny :(

8. plumberboy

£9000!! Makes you wonder how they sleep at night that's disgusting.
    Getting back to my builder our paths will cross as we use a lot of the same suppliers,should be fun!;)

9. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Well Mr Plumberboy that's the last time Your'll ever work for him, so next time he phone's for an emergency job, you'll just say, remember that 550 you owe me, well use it to pay the over expensive plumber who going to sting you for the emergency call out..

I had a builder try a knock me for 400, he lived on my estate as well, well I got fed up of him fobbing me of, so went around his house, saw he was in but he wouldn't answer the door, so I kicked it in, didn't mean to, but him not answering really ****** me off.

Guess what, I was paid in full there and then. :)

10. plumberboy

Good for you Phil you got your money and he had to buy a new door.
    :):):):):):):):):):)Doesn't get better than that.;)Well done.