New Combi Boiler Pressure Readings

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by jambokaos87, Jul 1, 2017.

1. jambokaos87

jambokaos87 New Member

Hi all,

I've had a brand new Intergas combi boiler (to replace the old Ideal Mini) installed on Tuesday morning by STL. They did a magnacleanse of all my radiators as part of the install.

Pressure was pumped up to around 1.5 mbar (boiler has a digital pressure display) on completion of the installation. I've noticed that it dropped from 1.5 to 1.3 on the Wednesday morning so I re-pressured the boiler back to 1.5 again. Since Wednesday it has dropped to 1.4 again. It was still at 1.4 when I checked this morning.

The checks I've done so far:

- Checked the 7 radiators in my property, no leaks in or around any of them that I could see.

- No leaks underneath the boiler

- No drips outside on the PRV pipe when the heating is running.

I rang STL on Wednesday morning to get their advice what they said was that it is the new boiler "settling" in and air escaping out of the pipes.

Does this sound right? Kind of makes sense to me, as there would have likely been old air in the system.

Just spent the best part of 3k on this new boiler, so I want everything to be perfect.

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

You never get all the air out after refilling a combi, just done my Vaillant, it took several days before gauge settled down,& I didn't need to top up system any more.

You find drawing off hot water through a tap sometimes help to clear air, as it causes the diveter valve to change position.

3. jambokaos87

jambokaos87 New Member

Thanks for your reply certainly made me feel more at ease :) I've learnt not to Google answers to these questions as l inevitably jump to conclusions....

I think my model of Intergas doesn't have a diverter valve, one of the things that influenced my decision to buy :)

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Know very little about Intergas,someone else mention that they don't have a diverter valve, but on heating pipework, you will most likely have dead legs, etc were air can collect & it takes time for it to escape.

Good to see the firm did magnacleanse of your system, hope they then fitted a magnetic filter to system afterwards to collect future crud.

5. jambokaos87

jambokaos87 New Member

Yes they did. I was really impressed by it when I was given a small tech demo by the salesman a few weeks back. Looks pretty cool in situe underneath the boiler as well!