No hot water in cylinder

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Andriy, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Andriy

Andriy New Member

Hi everyone. I need a help. Just finished my central heating with two zone and hot water cylinder, for the heating have two pumps and hot water not have pump, now looks like heating take all flow from boiler and hot water not go hot, what should I do?

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Learn to speak English? :)

3. Andriy

Andriy New Member

Nice answer

4. kiaora

kiaora Guest

Hi
    From what you say, it may be installed incorrectly, normally only one pump is fitted.

Are you able to show a schematic drawing?

Regards
    Peter

5. Andriy

Andriy New Member

Thanks Peter. I have 7#1200 double and 5 1700#500 towel rail upstairs,6#1200 double and 6#1000 double downstairs,you think one pump will be enough?

6. kiaora

kiaora Guest

Hi
    That's quite a big system,
    1 pump is normal, pipe sizes need to be ok.

The pump should supply hot water from the boiler, first to a bypass, then to the zone valves, also to the hot cylinder via another zone valve.

Any photos? it's difficult to help, not being able to see the system

Regards
    Peter

7. Andriy

Andriy New Member

image.jpeg Thanks

8. Andriy

Andriy New Member

Hi I post photo.

9. Glad its Friday

Glad its Friday Active Member

Umm....That won't work I'm afraid. A triumph in speedfit under the floor though!

First, did you put it in yourself or did you pay someone to do it. If you've paid for someone to do it call them back to fix it.

Guessing you've done it yourself (buy a heat mat by the way). I really think that now you have got all the main pipework in you should get a pro to sort it for you. Probably 1 pump (but bigger and in the correct place) would do it for you but will your boiler supply enough output to do it?

What boiler by the way, is it new? Got to assume it is a heat only so where are your feed and vent pipes.

And that wiring centre, they do smaller ones for next time. ;)

10. Wiring centre is a right mess.

11. Andriy

Andriy New Member

Hi. The job done plumber from East Europe and now he's not here .Boiler is greenstar 35cdi ne

12. Andriy

Andriy New Member

Boiler is new. The pump can't return,so what in your opinion has to be done to make it work? Thanks.

13. Serves you right.
    If you had employed a time served British plumber you would have had the job done properly.
    You have done a British tradesman out of a job.

14. Glad its Friday

Glad its Friday Active Member

Its a greenstar 35cdi he (not ne)

I'm not fussed on Worcester boilers, but I think that is a system boiler ???
    In which case it has another pump in the boiler....!!!!
    Guess you got the job done cheap by a mate who has 'done a runner' and left you in it - serves you right!

For your own safety you need to get a pro in. No doubt your mate wasn't GSR and so you've no warranty on the boiler and it may well be dangerous - don't risk using it. It will almost certainly need a bigger expansion vessel as well.

So expect to pay quite a bit to sort your mess out, next time use a qualified installer. It will be cheaper in the long term, and don't use family friends or people from the pub.

End

15. kiaora

kiaora Guest

hi
    its a pity, still lets look forward...

its not too bad, the pipe need a little bit of changing around, if you call a local plumber, he should be able to sort it out.

with the radiators you say you have on the system, it looks like your biggest problem is the pipe sizes.

also is that an unvented cylinder? need to get that checked out if it is, potential bomb....

overall, an experienced plumber/heating engineer can sort it out.

regards
    peter

16. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

About £1000 might sort it out.

17. Andriy

Andriy New Member

Thanks Peter. Heating work ok,needs to do balancing,problem is only hot water.

18. Andriy

Andriy New Member

19. Andriy

Andriy New Member

:)

20. kiaora

kiaora Guest

now i know why i'm so poor... i thought may be a £600 job!

oh well back to my allotment

regards
    peter

Andriy likes this.