No hot water

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Graeme1967, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Graeme1967

Graeme1967 Member

Hi can anyone tell me why my hot water is intermittent please
    I've got a baxi 105e it's had a new diverter valve and diaphragm and recently a new ntc thermister on the CH pipe , could it be the DHW thermister if so is this a drain down on my boiler to change

Many thanks Graeme

2. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

Probably scale in the plate heat exchanger these can be removed and descaled or replaced tip for the future if you change one thermister change the other one at the same time.

3. Graeme1967

Graeme1967 Member

Plate heat exchanger is a new one , thanks for that , is the thermister hard to change on the DHW valve

Cheers again Graeme

4. Dave does Gas

Baxi 105, no turn isolate the cold supply remove the pressure (open hot tap), have a small towel by the thermister to mop any spillage remove cables, 13mm spanner and remove, replace with new reconect wires turn water back on.
    But from your symptoms doubt its the thermister.

5. Graeme1967

Graeme1967 Member

Plate heat exchanger it is then mate , although i might start with the cheapest option first

Thanks for your time cheers Graeme

6. Graeme1967

Graeme1967 Member

Right update on the plate heat exchanger , that's ok so I'm stuck now , any other ideas ??

Cheers Graeme

7. Dave does Gas

You say The pate heat exchangers OK. Did you remove and inspect it? or did you remove and de scale it, how do you know its Ok?

8. Graeme1967

Graeme1967 Member

Because I've had a plumber round , he's removed it cleaned it , took about an hour replaced it and it's still doing the same , he's gone away to have a think , I just thought I'd tell ya that's all , I'm just after opinions now tbh before I decide to get a new one , but I don't want to go down that road just yet

Cheers Graeme

9. Ray Retired

Ray Retired Active Member

Intermittent Hot Water.

I'd the same prob on a baxi 105 HE... Turned out to be a faulty Air Pressure Switch.

£30 from keeptheheaton + 45 min DIY to fit.

10. Graeme1967

Graeme1967 Member

Thanks for that , I'll mention that to him when he comes back tomorrow

Cheers Graeme

11. Graeme1967

Graeme1967 Member

Sorry just a Quick question you said 45 mins DIY , how did you change it please

Graeme

12. Ray Retired

Ray Retired Active Member

13. Graeme1967

Graeme1967 Member

14. Graeme1967

Graeme1967 Member

Hi, update on my DHW.when i turn the CH dial off my hot water is excellent , very hot constant as well ,but as soon as i turn the CH dial to where i normally have it for the heating my water problems come back , very strange

Thanks Graeme