Noise cancelling, soundproofing..... EarMuffs ?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by rafaleon69, Feb 5, 2014.

1. rafaleon69

rafaleon69 New Member

Hello.

I would really appreciate your input on that one.

I am trying to build a project, which will be designed to reduce the noise from the outside - traffic noise, wind noise - etc at least reduction by 20db - 30db. I was thinking about inserting few soundproofing isolating layers into the earmuffs.

I was just curious what is the best configuration to do so ?

So far I have been thinking about a green glue as a dampening compound between the thin layers of plywood/MLV to deal with vibrations and low frequency noise.

Will reduction in noise be achievable, would it be dangerous/unhealthy for the ear to wear something like that close to my head ?

[​IMG]

I would greatly appreciate your input on that challenge.

All the best.
    R

2. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

3. rafaleon69

rafaleon69 New Member

yes I am aware of all kinds of ear plugs - foam, silicone you name it, but the idea is not to use ear plugs as I do find them a bit too fiddly for me. I would really appreciate advice on best materials to fill the ear cups in order to achieve similar or better effect than wearing earplugs. If you think my idea is feasible please do share your thoughts I would be really eager to listen.

Thanks for a quick reply.