Noisy Hafele Pull out

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by MeadowHill, Mar 23, 2017.

1. MeadowHill

MeadowHill New Member

Hi,

We bought a pair of Hafele 150mm pull out with ball bearing runner. It's extremely loud when closing (at the end of closing if you know what I mean). I spoke to Hafele technical support and sent a video as requested. They replied saying that they are faulty although they don't know why.

I understand it's not soft closing runners but still can't explain the "big bang" at the end of closing. The problem is that they are already fitted and I don't want a delay on the worktop fitting, since the cabinet is only 150mm it's not possible to fit afterwards if to get a replacement.

Nobody in the review mentioned a similar issue so I am not sure whether it's something we did wrong? As both are noisy I am not convinced that they are that faulty, although three sets of screws are missing between them. Alternatively, if there is any type of dampner you could recommend to make them quieter then that would be hugely appreciated.

2. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

It sounds like the hinges may out of alignment or after they have been fitted the unit has been tilted backwards. It could be that the back of the drawer is hitting the end stop too early

3. Paulie1412

Paulie1412 Active Member

It might be worth checking the screw head isn't clashing with the runner, seen it before where a screws been used with to big a head then it catches on the inside of the drawer runner

4. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Good point, may even be one slightly skewed

5. MeadowHill

MeadowHill New Member

Thank you both, will check and let you know.