Not many jobs around.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Woodworker2, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Woodworker2

Woodworker2 New Member

My Nephew  applied for a job  with a local council. Well him and another 239  applicants  to be precise.

It's whitteled  down  now to the  last 20  and he is in this group.
    Sure hope he gets it  and he  can earn some easy money  for a change. Working for the government   is always  a nice little earner  even in the bad times.

2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Sadly there's about 300+ applicants for apprenticeships these days, so god only knows what it's like for other jobs. Councils are cutting back, but usually on the indians and not the chiefs. Same with the NHS too. ;)

PS I've just had a job interview this morning. Should hear tomorrow whether I'm successful. They were interviewing all day (around 3/4hr interviews) so I reckon there's at least 8 got through to this stage. Had the telephone interview a fortnight ago, then got the face to face today, so I'm hopeful ;)

3. Woodworker2

Woodworker2 New Member

3 to  4 hours is a long time.

Hope they paid you  for your time.

4. joinerjohn1

Threequarters of an hour. (just to clear up any confusion)
    Mind you, my sister had an interview at home, which lasted 6 hrs. :eek:

5. Six hours?! How many - cough - interviews did he give her in that time?

6. joinerjohn1

There were three people doing the interview DA. This was the final interview after almost a year of shorter interviews. Her employer knows more about her than even she knows about herself.

7. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I failed a recent interview when the interviewer asked, " whens you birthdate" I answered " 12 th of November" he asked " what year" to which I replied.

" every effin year"

8. joinerjohn1

The interviewer asked me if I had any scars, so I told her I had been circumcised at birth.  She asked me if it was painful, so I told her " Painful??,,,, I couldn't walk for a *****n year."

9. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

went to one interview on the train, I asked the ticket seller for a return ticket, he asked where to?
      I said

back here you **** edited by tom.plum