Forum Support Old threads becoming active

Discussion in 'Support' started by sospan, Feb 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

A lot of us have seen people over the last month reactivating old threads. A lot of us thought it was posters trawling through the archive trying to make a name for themselves.

However, this morning a Thread on Routers was on the home page as a recent active thread. I replied to the thread thinking it was current. However, it has now been pointed out to me that the thread was indeed 10 months old.

Is there a problem with the forum software recognising dates or was something restored last night ?

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Same thing happen here:eek:, not the first time it's happened.

What with the SF app throwing up error messages in german as well.:confused:

Wir haben Fehlerteufel!:p

3. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Dear Peter I find the old threads quite useful and informative often hearing how the original problem was overcome so personally see no urgent reason to discontinued them.

Tiny01 and KIAB like this.
  4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Totally agree, very useful these old threads,intresting to see how things turned out, definitely keep them please.

5. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Yes, agree keep them archived but stop them appearing on the recent thread when no one has posted to it

6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:p:p

7. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

Hi all

The forum has been running for a long time therefore there is plenty of posts with all different questions and answers.

More users visit our forum and get advise from these old posts than ask a new question. It's only natural to ask further questions or post on these older posts.

Peter

Astramax likes this.
  8. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

The thing is, they seem to appear with no new reply.

9. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

I have just looked further and the post that @sospan mentions about a routers had a post which I removed at about the same time that @sospan posted so this could have had a cross over as I pressed delete and a new post was made.

However as you are suggesting there is more of this please let me know with the link to the thread so I can check these.

Peter

10. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Thanks that clears up the mystery

11. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

In that case then sospan, having replied, you will have seen that post before it was deleted as it would have been showing when you replied.

?

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

12. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

To be honest can't remember what was there - one of the benefits and disadvantages of a head injury :(

13. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

1:55AM............no point in loosing sleep over it! ;)

14. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Nope ;)

15. It's 'Darwinian'.

It's there to see if anyone is stoopid enough to add to a post that's years out of date. If you do, then you are clearly too daft to be on here.

Best grab my coat... :oops:

16. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Attached Files:

17. Yup. And more than once.

Mind you, someone else started it... :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.