One loose corner!

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by Posk90, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Posk90

Posk90 New Member

Hi all,

My father in law tiled my ensuite for me, he's by no means a tiler although he's done a good job. The tiling was over the top of an old under floor heating system (wires running the length of the floor).

On one of the tiles (which just happens to be in the middle of the room) one of the corners is loose and has a tiny bit of movement when stepped on causing the grout to crack. To fix do i have to remove the entire tile or would it be possible to remove the grout from around the area and inject some sort of sealant under the corner just to hold it solid?

Thanks in advance for any advice

2. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

One of the things you obviously want to avoid is the tile cracking and secondly digging down too far and cutting through one of the underfloor heating cable.

It would be tempted to rake out the grout around where the tile is loose using an old screwdriver, go down just below the surface of the tile. Hopefully the void will become visible. I would then regrout using the squeegee making sure I push the grout right down into the void. The grout should then flow ease under the tile and give it some support and stop the movement

3. Posk90

Posk90 New Member

Hi sospan, thanks for that. Can you clarify what you mean though by using the squeegee?

Thanks

4. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select