Pacific Flush Valve

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by How?, Feb 7, 2009.

1. How?

How? New Member

Hi,

I have a WC cistern with a Flush Valve in it that is allowing water to dribble through and in to the pan. I guess the black washer needs replacing or something else if there are any ideas?

But, the marking on the valve is 'Pacific', the company who made these is Macdee, who have told me they stopped production 2 years ago and there are no spares!

I have looked around, and there are no spares. What do you reccommend? (Are there any spares, should the Flush Valve be replaced, what is a good flush valve with a Top Button?) Ta ta ta.

2. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

3. How?

How? New Member

Not this time, even they do not have the spares....

Back to my questions in the original post please Cap'n!

4. Bungditin.

Bungditin. New Member

sometimes but only sometimes as a temporary fix if it's a drop valve you can twist out the valve and take the washer out and turn it upside down and replace it.

5. How?

How? New Member

I was going to try that, but it is only a temporary fix.

I just want to know if there are any spares, the valve was sold in an MFI WC, and Wickes did do them, so there must be loads out there.

If there are no spares, what is a good flush valve to replace it with, with a top push button?

Ta.

6. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

7. How?

How? New Member

Ah, but that is overpriced, and I will have the same problem in the future..

So, back to my simple enquiry...

Are there any replacement washers, if not, what would you suggest as a repalcement valve?

8. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

We can't advise you without seeing the cistern it's going in!

There are four factors to consider when choosing a new dump valve:

1. Valve outlet diameter.

2. Height and adjustment.

3. Button position and button hole diameter.

4. Position and type of inlet float valve.

Pop down any plumbers merchant or B&Q, they will all have a selection for sale, one of them should fit your cistern.

9. How?

How? New Member

Fantastic answer, I expected better of you Cap'n!

Just wanted to know if there are spare washers available, if not, maybe a suggestion of a Delchem, Opella kind of thing would be helpful.

What time do you (Cap'n) intend to move off this forum,so I can post again?

10. ThreadJacker

ThreadJacker Active Member

How?, I dont understand your negative attitude towards the Captain he's only trying to help. ;)

11. plumber carl

plumber carl New Member

the valve you have is **** it never worked from day one Ive had spares from them some time ago thay are well aware it a design fault,,,this site full of idiots saying go to luns etc,, how they price there jobs is beyond me,, unless there ripping there customers off big time.IF your asked to price a job its common courtesy to get the parts at the best price go to tool station £12 multi quick 1.5 only if its 2 reverse the nut it may fit,,,,,,,, P's Ive got ballvales for sale only £30 quid each any idiots out there

12. How?

How? New Member

Just had a bad day, looking for some help......
    Bit too much to ask I guess?

Are washers available, what does the team recommend as a replacement valve if necessary?

13. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

14. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

PC, I know Lunns are expensive but they do stock everything and for people like How? who don't have a clue they have lots of helpful pictures.

15. doing a bit

doing a bit New Member

screwfix do a 1 1/2 inch torbeck dual flush, will do any height of cistern as its a cable type, torbeck do a 2 inch but you will have to go to a merchants for one. if its a problem get 2 and have one as a spare for 5 years time when you need a new one , they have a bayonet fitting in the base for easy replacement ;)

16. How?

How? New Member

Thanks everyone! You're great!

17. doing a bit

doing a bit New Member

Thanks everyone! You're great!

we know ;)

18. How?

How? New Member

I did try and become a plumber when I got made redundant as an IT consultant, but I wasn't bright enough, and I couldn't afford the training. I took up brain surgery instead, it's not as rewarding, but it's an easier life.

I don't have to tell my customers what I am doing, and if I have questions, 'cos I don't know what I am doing, I can actualy get answers on askethebrainsurgeon.com

19. plumber carl

plumber carl New Member

good on ya cock fancied the same thing my self any chance of a cheep brain transplant??

20. How?

How? New Member

(Carl) Would that be a 'chirpy chirpy cheep cheep' one?

I'll let anyone have a free, or cheap brain transplant if they can suggest where I can get a washer for a Pacific Flush Valve, or if they are not available, recommend a suitable top push button valve.

Don't worry about the height, volume, diameter, colour etc. I can sort that lot out.

Ta, ta, ta.