Paddle Mixer

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by BiancoTheGiraffe, Apr 2, 2017.

1. BiancoTheGiraffe

BiancoTheGiraffe Screwfix Select

Been mixing up my plaster with a drill attachment for years, but now I'm doing a full house renovation it's time to buy a proper mixer.

Can anyone recommend a reasonable one for a decent price?

Has anyone used the Erbauer one from SF?

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

3. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Strangely going to be listing my one on eBay soon - haven't used it a long time as my cordless drills have enough torque to drive a paddle

KIAB likes this.
  4. BiancoTheGiraffe

BiancoTheGiraffe Screwfix Select

Is there a downside to just using a paddle attachment on a combi drill?

I was always wary of mixing to fast and putting air into the plaster, particularly when mixing a skim coat

5. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Used to use a vitrex mixer, for 90quid a fantastic purchase but had to give it back when I left the company, I currently use an old corded makita drill with an sds adapter to take m14 threaded paddle mixer, fifteen quid in total, even better. Personally I can't stand erbauer, Chinese garbage in my opinion, save your money and put it towards something else.

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Snap!

Wouldn't buy Erbauer, even if it was last thing on the shelf.

7. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Apparently the Aldi mixers they sell occasionally are pretty much bomb proof albeit a bit noisy...obviously only sold certain times of the year!

8. gpierce

gpierce Active Member

I picked up one of those Aldi mixers a couple of years ago, cost me £25 and it's as good as any other I've used.

9. PC Works

PC Works Member

Aldi actually have some very good products on offer and they usually come with a three year guarantee. Same for Lidl I believe