Paint caulk colour of walls or skirting?

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Rystar00, May 10, 2016.

1. Rystar00

Rystar00 Member

hi guys,

A silly question but thought I'd ask the pro's!

I've just finished the skirting in my 1900s old Victorian house. Many of the walls are out and I've also had to pack out the frames to get the architrave on over the new skim so I've got quite a few gaps ranging from 5-20mm.

I've finished caulking them (using foam rods to pack out the larger gaps before caulking) but just wondered whether I paint the caulk the colour of the skirting or the colour of the walls?

The skirting came pre finished so would prefer to not fiddle about with them as only have a small amount of matching paint which I plan to use on the mitres.

Cheers

Ryan

2. BMC2000

BMC2000 Screwfix Select

I painted my filled skirting same colour as skirting face. Looks well. Farrow and Ball colour, colour matched at Johnston's

3. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

what skirting board was fitted?

Wasn't the plaster removed back to bare brick?

4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

5-20 mm gaps..... would of used Tou Pret filler not caulk on gaps as large as that!

5. Rystar00

Rystar00 Member

It's absolutely fine with the backer rods. The skirting was fully finished MDF skirting so wanted to avoid messing around sanding down filler.

the plastering was a mix - some new skim over old, some bonded out and skimmed and some skim over dot and dab. It's an old house so all very Hickledy pickledy!