partition wall

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by samir oumaouche, Oct 9, 2015.

1. samir oumaouche

samir oumaouche New Member

Hi Dear,
    is there any special screws to attach the base plate of my partition wall onto the concrete floor?

Thanks in advance:)

2. Hi Darling.

I'd have thought that pretty much any normal fixing would do, including plastic plugs. I'd take care not to go too deep, tho', in case there's a DPM under there.

When you think about it, the fixings only have to prevent the partition from moving sideways, so the screw only has to go - oooh - an inch into the concrete? Once the partition is up, it ain't going anywhere 'cos it'll be braced betwixt the ceiling and floor.

Hopefully.

3. vivaro man

vivaro man Active Member

Sam,
    DA is correct in what he says but a word of warning when planning the partition put the sole plate right through and ignore leaving any gap for a door opening. That way when you put your door liner in you'll know the opening is spot on for being opposite and level in all dimensions. When and if you decide on a door opening just cut the sole plate with and old saw and remove the piece of timber.

Think about skinning the wall with osb before plasterboarding it really is worth it.

If you're going into concrete use concrete screws. If you're building with cls 38mm x 89mm buy screws of 60mm length and 7.5mm width. You'll need a 6mm masonry bit and a T30 driver bit. Job done nice and square.

FatHands likes this.
  4. Good info from Viv.

When you know where the doorway will be positioned, make sure you have a concrete fixing screw immediately either side of that opening so's the partitions will remain secure after the sole plate section is sawn out for the doorway.

(This thread could run and run... :rolleyes: )

5. samir oumaouche

samir oumaouche New Member

many thanks to you all;)