Paslode problems

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by gerald86, Dec 17, 2013.

1. gerald86

gerald86 New Member

Evening folks,
    I have a paslode framing nailer im350. Having some issues with it so hopefully someone can advise!
    Basically the gun will misfire from time to time, I pull the trigger and a mark is left from the rod which pushes the nail out but no nail!
    If I push on the nails with the black knob it will fire and then work for 5/6 nails before we misfire again. Battery's are grand, gas is correct and it sounds grand which I push in the probe. Anyone ever had a similar before?

2. jeznotts

jeznotts Member

hello
    just had this problem and it turned out to be the nails! some of the paper on some strips were slightly frayed, not so you would notice too well but changed the nails and it worked!
    hope that helps!

3. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Damp paper can cause jams, also when temperature drops below 4 degrees gas plays up too, try keeping the gas in your pants before using it!

4. joinerjon83

joinerjon83 New Member

Gas is a big issues with them... keep under your arm pit for a bit warms up a treat :)
    Im having problems with mine.. wonder if you can shed some light on it for me?
    Basically you push it into the work piece the fan goes, the sparks there, battery fully charged brand new (warmed) gas, new nails.
    Ive changed the o ring, filter, push rods. Given it a dam good clean and oiling.
    sometimes if you pump the end a few times itll fire once or twice then nothing... really starting to do my nut.
    thing is its the US model none of the usual places will touch it for a look :/

5. vivaro man

vivaro man Active Member

Thrown mine and gone back to pneumatic. Great while they work but they really are infuriating. Technology has too many wrinkles in it yet.