plug socket for integrated fridge freezer

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by ian101, Jul 30, 2016.

1. ian101

ian101 New Member

Please could you advise typically where the plug sockets are located for easy access when installing integrated fridge freezer built in appliances?

2. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Either in an adjacent cupboard or under the plinths usually.
    Few ways to skin this cat tbh.

3. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

Fused switched connection unit above, feeding flex outlet behind machine, otherwise fused twice.

4. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Why do people want all that extra faff on show with FCU,s stuck on the splash back ?

You've already got double sockets dotted around the kitchen so why have more face plates to tile around and gather dust and dirt

Assuming an adjacent cupboard, bang a socket in there, tidy like, nothing on show that way

Local isolation sorted
    So what if on the odd occasion you need to unplug fridge and you have to partially empty cupboard - so what .......

How often do you need to unplug the fridge or how often does it burst into flames

FCU above
    Connection unit below

Why ...... Not meaning to be rude really and am only DIY so I'm kinda asking not telling nige :)

5. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

Means of isolation!!! cupboards get full of ****! 1. making not readily accesible. 2. i have seen over the years stuff hitting switches to off position. but thats only my proffesional opinion.

6. ian101

ian101 New Member

7. ian101

ian101 New Member

thank forallyou help i am going to go with Rulland post Either in an adjacent cupboard or under the plinths usually.