plugs

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by harry, Nov 9, 2003.

1. harry

harry Member

does anyone know where i can get some 13amp plugs with a light on the cover.saw them years ago but they were really silly money.i want to use them in conjunction with
    thermostats and they would give a good visual indication of whether the heaters were on or off.in case your thinking 'heaters?' it's for a reptile set-up.cheers.

2. chtechie

chtechie Member

Back to the baby store www.mothercare.com

3. harry

harry Member

sorry,thought you were taking the p* for the moment.
    good idea but what i had in mind originally was the very small red indicator lights that wouldn't be too intrusive.thanks anyway

4. sparky (Original)

sparky (Original) New Member

i know the ones you mean the wg ones with the little red indicator on

5. sparky (Original)

i haven't seen them in a while you could always use an 4 way adapter they some times have lights on

6. sparky (Original)

7. harry

harry Member

thanks for the input.they are neat but if i could i would like to stick with one plug per socket.they are very low wattage but i think they look neater if they are as flush as i can get them

8. ban-all-sheds

ban-all-sheds New Member

But surely the thermostat is after the plug and before the heating device?

So when its plugged in, the light will be on all the time, irrespective of whether the thermostat is on or off.

9. supersparky

supersparky New Member

no, for reptiles you have your standard plugin timer then you plug your heater into that so the light would indicate weather the heater is on....my bro used 2 keep em....pain in the a$$

BR

10. harry

harry Member

no that's prince charles

11. supersparky

supersparky New Member

LOL, MY MISTAKE

BR

12. harry

harry Member

ok.short-winded explanation(i hope)i was planning to run a series of radial circuits in my reptile room with a c/h thermostat before each row of sockets.the heater mats are 12-30watts each.the stats are rated at 1.3-16(2.5)a 250v.does this mean 2.5amp max?if so i reckon that is about 600watts max on each stat.i thought to try c/h stats because the reptile ones do not carry much load,are mega dear and conk out at regular intervals.i realise that they are not going to be as accurate as the proper item,i.e. + or - .1 deg C. but intend to use them just to stop things overheating on hot days.feel free to trash my carefully thought-out proposition if it sounds
    unfeasable.

13. ban-all-sheds

ban-all-sheds New Member

14. harry

harry Member

maybe.they dont look bad.how much are they?thanks.