Plumberboy,

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by tom.plum, Nov 28, 2014.

1. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

you don't know walt like we do , He's a nice enough chap but once he gets on a subject that he knows winds others up he won't stop, he's a champion of heat storage cylinders, you know those old sludge buckets that were in fashoin in the '80's,
    anyways the men in white coats will catch up with him in a short while so stick with us, if anything he brightens the place up if we can get him going on some more less boring,
    ;)

2. Glad its Friday

Glad its Friday Active Member

Absolutely right! Without him this place would be really boring, come on Walter, pick on a new subject we can argue (sorry admin) discuss in a measured manner!

3. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

Ha Ha!! That's lucky my gun had blanks in it Tom.;)
    I'll try and ride out the storm.:)

4. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I just hope Walt's new subject isn't Intergas or Atag boilers (he luvs em) PS I bet it won't be long before he notices your a plumber PB (username's a real giveaway, but Walt's a bit slow these days since the Alzheimers set in) :p:p:p:p:p

5. plumberboy

So what's your trade then JJ?:p

6. Glad its Friday

Glad its Friday Active Member

Careful, Walter will declare another personnel attack and get admin to close the thread (again).
    Come on Walter, man up (could get stronger tablets) :D

7. You mean 'Walt' is 'Walter Systems'?!!!

Didn't see that coming... :rolleyes:

8. joinerjohn1

Memantine could slow down his memory loss. (won't stop him living in the past though) ;););)

9. joinerjohn1

Hmmm dunno PB, you'll have to tell me. :p:p:p:p

10. plumberboy

Its a tricky one,but I'm going with painter and decorator.:)

11. joinerjohn1

Close PB, but I'm actually the cheapest gas installation chap in the UK (apparently you don't have to be registered with any trades body to undertake such work, as long as you do it for free) So if you hear any explosions in the Derby area, my defence is going to be "Walt said I could do it on the SF forum yer honour" :p:p:p:p:p

PS if the judge says " I find you a very incompetent person." I'll reply,, "Ahh that'll explain the wet patch down me jeans yer honour." :p:p:p:p:p:p

plumberboy likes this.
  12. plumberboy

Cool JJ,is there a thread going that you know of where I can read up on this.
    P.S. If you could let me know before you blow yourself up it would be much appreciated.:)

13. joinerjohn1

I won't know until summat blows up if I'm incompetent though.. Perhaps my doctor might know if he does some tests.;);););)

14. joinerjohn1

Anyway, in all seriousness now, I have an interview at our local hospital a week on Saturday for a vacancy. I bet you'll never guess what job I'm after. ;);) (clue, it's not brain surgeon)

15. plumberboy

Midwifery.

16. joinerjohn1

Ahh if only. .. Keep guessing. ;)

17. plumberboy

A man of many talents(handyman) come boiler engineer/installer.:)

18. joinerjohn1

Not even close PB, It's a total change of career (bit late in life, but a big change none the less)

19. plumberboy

Come on then JJ I give up,I'm no good at this.
    Hit me with it.;)

20. joinerjohn1

I'm hoping to get a position as a Health Care Assistant. ;);) Passed my NVQ 2 diploma in health and social care 2 months ago and now want to purse a career in health and social care. Been picking up shifts at work at weekends doing the care side and absolutely love it. Such a rewarding experience. Having been the maintenance person in our nursing home for 3 yrs, I suppose it's a natural progression as I was always helping the residents in one way or another. Over 3 yrs ago when I started there, (first time working in such a setting) I found the first few weeks quite intimidating, but quickly got used to the residents and their ways (most of them have dementia) The job can be an emotional roller coaster at times, but it's never boring, so I'd like to put my skills to use in a different setting and the NHS seems the way to go.
    I'll still have time for my other projects with my joinery customers though. ;);)