Plumbers need for large scale theatre project

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Melissa Horwood, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Melissa Horwood

Melissa Horwood New Member

Hi all those reading this!

I am currently working with a London based theatre company and am seeking volunteers to work on a large scale theatre project in central London. I am seeking people with plumbing experience ideally.

Please email me with any further questions you may have and to discuss your availability.

Thanks,

Mel

Melissahorwood@gmail.com

2. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

volunteers?:confused::confused: :D:D:(:mad:

3. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Will food and drink be provided?

4. Melissa Horwood

Yes indeed it will. We will provide lunch.

5. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Central London, Volunteers, good luck with that one. :)

6. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

I am able to participate between 12 and 1 in the afternoon.
    Lunch and drink eh?
    :confused::confused::confused:

7. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I think someones teckintpiss big style, but if you dont ask, you won't get. but in this case, you just won't get,:(

8. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

Perhaps explain why you want volunteers?
    Are you a charity? Community group? Profit making company seeking cheap labour from naive people with stars in their eyes?

9. flateric

flateric Well-Known Member

So the profit margins are nice and high :)

10. Melissa Horwood

Hi all,

Yes the company is not for profit. If any one would like any further info please email and I can send over the full brief.

11. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

ERMMM!!!!!! No thanks....

12. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I've worked for free on establishments before that invole unfortunate people or ill children, but theatre company suggests to me privalidged persons prancing about on a stage,celebraties,dignatories and oity toity simon cowel types, how would you persuade me or any other tradesmen to give up my free time to help, what are you about?:confused:

13. R.W_Carpentry

R.W_Carpentry Active Member

a quick google search would suggest you're recruiting for this play http://www.theguardian.com/stage/2012/jul/13/you-me-bum-bum-train-equity , I can almost understand why actors, stage hands and the likes of yourself may volunteer for this in the aim of gaining experience etc however why an experienced tradesmen would do the same is beyond me, at least for a cause that doesn't seem charitable in any way, are you still charging £20 a head for tickets? If so where exactly is the money going if noone is getting paid?

14. flateric

flateric Well-Known Member

As with most charities there are always a few at the top that are sitting pretty looking down on the poor suckers working for sod all rubbing their hands and living the high life. I am very choosey to which charities I give what. [​IMG]