Poor Hot water & Heating

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by MBPLUMB, Sep 13, 2017.

1. MBPLUMB

MBPLUMB New Member

my friend has recently purchased and moved into a property

issue they are having is the bath will only fill with hot water for approximately a quarter then it shuts down not water at all. similar with the central heating it turns on for a short period of time then cuts out.

hot water cylinder on the first floor CWSC in the loft space with a glow worm boiler space saver mk 2 on the ground.

any ideas on the issue. i am not local to attend and attempt a fix so i am seeking the adice to forward if possible

many thanks

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Elderly boiler, better off replacing it.

Pointless repairing it, I can remember council fitting the 30Bto properties, way back around 1990, might been a bit earlier.

3. MBPLUMB

MBPLUMB New Member

That's my initial thought.

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Totally scaled up heat exchanger most likely, causing it to shut down.

Fit Magnaclean Pro 2 to system, give system a good clean out with X800 or other cleaner, then fit new combi boiler.
    But, I would budget for new radiators, did a system for a friend, fitted Magnaclean, in with Adey cleaner,it removed the crud, but ended up with pinholing on several radiators.:rolleyes:

And dump cylinder, also probably in a poor state, as not needed with combi.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017