Potterton Tittanium 40HE Reviews

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Eric Camp, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Eric Camp

Eric Camp New Member

Just wondering if anyone has any views on this boiler. Potentially going into a large house (don't want debate on combi vs other) and seems great value from Mr CH. Want a good boiler but don't want to spend a fortune. If not this what would you recommend.

2. Combi? Don't be daft, man...

Soz... :oops:

plumberboy likes this.
  3. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

when i fitted boilers up till 2 years ago, potterton gold combi's were the boiler i fitted unless the customer had a preferance,
    they're as good as any on the market,a good deal cheaper than the so called 'market leaders' I never had any problems at all but if i did they have a back up team, heateam, their own technicians, the parts are readily available and cheaper than most others they have a standard 2 years warrantee and are British made, I think the titaninium has a 5 year but i'm not sure on that, but they won the boiler of the year on which magazine for a few years on the run,
    things have moved on since I gave people a practical no nonsence approach to economic boiler installations, but the potterton boilers that i fitted are many and still warming the houses i fitted them in, :)

p.s I have one in my own house, installed 2006,no filter,no powerflush,never serviced and still going strong,

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
    plumberboy likes this.
  4. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

You're a top man Tom,no nonsense the way people should be.;)

5. Eric Camp

Eric Camp New Member

Thanks Tom that was really useful

6. Tom is the 'Honest John' of the plumbing trade :)

7. www.ivangas.com

www.ivangas.com New Member

i have fitted a few of the baxis platinum no probs, i have also fitted a unvented cylinder to system, sometimes you have to think out of box www.ivangas.com