Prep work for a new combi boiler

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Big Rich, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Big Rich

Big Rich New Member

Looking to have a new combi boiler fitted in the next year. The current boiler is supplied gas from an old 1930's flexible lead pipe which snakes all over the house from the gas meter. I will have the floor boards up through out the downstairs of the property between the gas meter cupboard and the spot where the new boiler will go. I won't attempt any connections myself!!! BUT I would like to run a new gas feed direct to the boiler. I have seen the flexible gas pipe online and also in commercial kitchens. Is this suitable if I run a length (with excess to allow for cutting to size) of this would my perspective boiler installer be happy with it?? Can this pipe be cut to length??

2. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

The flexible gas pipe (Trac Pipe) is a good option easy to install but f or a small domestic property can work out expensive as it comes in 50 meter rolls plus the fittings required are unique to Trac pipe until you revert to copper.
    If you can find an installer who uses it regularly that may keep the cost down