Project - Fit A Fan

Discussion in 'Project Photos' started by J.P., Oct 1, 2013.

1. J.P.

J.P. New Member

Sequential photos of the fitting of a Manrose inline fan - purchased from Screwfix as a kit, channel ducting and fittings are separate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Good. Only one thing springs to mind. The fan seems to be the lowest point in the run, seems to me that any condensation will pool in the bottom of the fan casing, maybe causing problems?

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

3. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

Hi JP,

Nice photos mate!

um, what does the install guide say about the position of the motor?

Cheers

Fats

4. J.P.

J.P. New Member

Hi Fats. Yes it is not in the pictured plane in the fitting instructions - however that's the only viable way to fit otherwise it will be poking out the bottom of the plasterboard (even with the 50mm batons I am going to fit. Thanks Fats.

5. J.P.

J.P. New Member

Hi HA. I hope it will not be a problem - if it is I will have to have a radical rethink on siting position - in other words I would be stuffed. I am going to fit a trap flap so it will be always accessible. Looking at the fitting diagrams there are parts other then the fan which could pool condensation so fingers crossed on that one.

6. FatHands

Hi JP,

I'm sure you will be OK mate.

Keep us posted, and keep up the good work!

Fats

7. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

it'll be fine, as long as it's sized for the room (so it shifts enough air) and has a run on timer, or a humidistat fitted

8. J.P.

J.P. New Member

Morning Sean. Yes it has a timer fitted - in the process of thinking about fitting plane - its not ideal as Fats and HA have pointed out - might be able to fit it as per directions although not worried about condenstaion trapping as such. I reckon if I cut out the board I have fitted above it and cut the 25mm Celotec above the board then that will give me an extra say 35mm which will allow the depth of a baton to fix it on. Its no problem just messing about really I suppose. Thanks Sean. - problem is -  is that if pictures are put in the project photo's then obviously you are putting yourself under scritiny - which is a good thing. If all a no go then will leave it and not think about it anymore. Thanks m8.

9. J.P.

J.P. New Member

Thanks Fats. Re-think on siting plane in operation - might get out of it and be able to fit it in correct plane - if not then will leave as not really worried about it as such. Thanks Fats and thanks for pointing out - must admit after fitting was kind of prepared for wrong fitting etc - good stuff m8.

Lets hope other people use the project photo's section more.

10. FatHands

I am  sure you will be OK JP. As Sean has pointed out as long as the motor is powerful enough; it should blast out anything.

Yeah, i am thinking of uploading some stuff when i get chance mate. All a bit manic at the moment!

Cheers

Fats