Purchase Histroy Only Goes back 18 months

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by Jitender, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I have an online account an am registered with electrix.

I purchased a ladder that came with 3 year guarantee so cannot trace back the item as it was over the 1 months.

Most power tools now come with 3 year guarantee no so was just wondering whether screwfix will allow customers to search back over a 3 year period.

2. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

Hi @Jitender

I'm sorry to hear you have a problem with a Ladder you purchased.

Please email us at online@screwfix.com or call 03330 112 112 so with your details, so we can assist directly with your problem.

We recommend to retain invoices for any warranty issues, dependent on when and how you purchased the goods you may have received a copy of the invoice by email, or the order confirmation which will also contain details of the order.

Peter

3. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Panic over.

Found the invoice, and its still in guarantee (just over 2 years old)

I emailed the manufacturer this morning as I had kept the paperwork that came with it. There was no registration required.

I received a prompt reply from the manufacturer and have sent them over the paperwork.

4. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Unfortunately the manufacturer have not responded to a second reply to my e-mail.

5. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Surely you should have taken it up with Screwfix first(point of sale) ?

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

6. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Hi Mr H

I did go to my local branch and they advised go to the manufacture.

I will contact SF tomorrow as it looks like the manufacture (Xtend) are avoiding me. I sent them pictures of the ladder.

7. The legal obligation to sort this is with the retailer - SF in this case. Your 'contract' was with them.

However, I would hope that any decent manufacturer would do all they could to sort this with the least hassle for the customer as possible. So 'ya-boo-sucks' to Xtend...

8. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Just phoned Screwfix toady, although I have the original invoice their records do not go back far enough; only back to March 2014.

They say that the 1st years guarantee is with SF and the next 2 are with the manufacturer.

They say I will need to get the manufacture to sort out the fault.

i have noticed that the 2 other Xtend and Climb ladders sold by Screwfix come with a 5 year guarantee.

9. Hmmm - tut tut, Screwfix... :rolleyes:

That's a get-out clause. And most people respond with "Sound fair enough - I'll sort it with the manufacturer..."

You can if you want to - but you don't have to.

The legal obligation is with the supplier.

In any case, warranties are pretty much meaningless; a product should last a 'reasonable' amount of time. And a decent ladder should last a lot more than 2 years with normal use.

So, a SoG Act-based letter should instantly elicit the correct response.

My son's iPad developed a swollen battery a couple of months outside its 1 year warranty. Calls and emails to Apple had zero effect - they point blank refused to sort it regardless of how obviously unreasonable their stance was.

A recorded-delivery letter to their HQ in Dublin citing the SoG Act had them phoning me up a couple of days latter gushing at how they'd send me a pre-paid package to collect the item and would send me a replacement within the week.

And they did.