Question re IMPAX IM201-24L 24Ltr Compressor 230V (27926)

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by saracen, Apr 27, 2016.

1. saracen

saracen New Member

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

There are two main types of connector for these. A short one and a long one. The male PCL I am seeing on my device is the long one but the compressor appears to have the short one.
    I would buy the compressor and see what you want.
    I wouldn't buy the kit, they're rubbish.

KIAB likes this.
  3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

[QUOTE="chippie244, post: 1417320, member: 9233"
    I wouldn't buy the kit, they're rubbish.[/QUOTE]

Agree.

And coiled air hoses are lethal, I still have the scar above my eye, where someone disconnected the coiled hose they were using & it recoiled back at speed & hit me.
    Get a decent hi vis air hose, I have a couple of Sealey 10mm hoses in dayglo green, a lot safer than the usual black hoses.

saracen likes this.
  4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Looking again on a laptop rather than my phone the compressor does appear to have the short connector, uni, rather than the long one,PCL.
    It is very easy to change the connector to PLC which will then fit the majority of fittings or you could make up a uni to PLC adaptor so you could use both.

saracen likes this.
  5. saracen

saracen New Member

Awesome, thanks guys, hugely appreciated.Any other info specific to the above or general advice greatly appreciated ;)
    all the very best Bill

6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

7. saracen

saracen New Member

Thank you one & all for your kind help & advise. I've resolved the problem now & without need to modify the compressor at all.
    For future search & reference for anyone else who has a similar problem is to fit a
    PCL PCL XF MALE ADAPTOR PLUG ¼" (2015H) http://www.screwfix.com/p/pcl-xf-male-adaptor-plug/2015h
    to one end of hose, then one can fit a regular PCL airflow (male thread) female coupler to the other end of hose then just use regular PCL fittings.
    Hope this helps future purchasers ;)
    all the very best Bill

KIAB likes this.
  8. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

But now you have a hose that can only be used on your compressor, for about £3.00 and the same amount of work you could have done the job properly. :)

9. saracen

saracen New Member

Point taken chippie, but only plan being a 1 compressor family anyway so only need the one line (further extension would plug into this line) also means no warranty issue as i don't have to change the OEM outlet. Changing the male plug as i mentioned above is £1.69 changing the mail threaded coupling is £6.49, so cheaper too :)
    As it stands, now the above gives new purchasers several options, so has got to be good :cool:
    all the very best Bill

10. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Each to his own :):)

saracen likes this.
  11. saracen

saracen New Member

it doesn't detract one iota my appreciation of your advice though chippie, i remain extremely grateful ;)

12. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Not a problem, I use my compressors in a different way and purpose to you.
    Thanks for the feedback. :):)