Radco thermostatic mixer shower

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Gogs, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Gogs

Gogs Member

Has anyone got any experience of using these showers.

Costco have one reduced at the moment to £160.

It's the stainless stell one with 6 x bodyjets.

Would this be worth installing as opposed to an older trusty electric Mira.

Does anyone know if this Rado would work in a house with a combi boiler currenty at about 0.5bar, probably too low but the last engineer set it at that, it was always between 1 and 2 previously, or is the idea to use a pump with this radco.

Thanks

2. Radco UK

Radco UK New Member

Hi

I would be happy to answer your question regarding the technical specification required for the Atlantic shower column.

The Atlantic shower works with a minimum water pressure of 1.5bar, if your water pressure is below 1.5bar a pump would be required to take it to the minimum of 1.5bar. If you wish you can of course install a larger pump depending on the pressure you require, up to a maximum of 6.5bar.
    The maximum water pressure for the Atlantic shower is 6.5bar, if the water pressure is above 6.5bar a regulator would be required.

Generally the only time a pump is required is when a gravity fed system is in operation. E.G. No pump is required when a combi boiler is in operation. Combi boilers operate with a minimum of 2.5bar water pressure.

The water flow rates are as follows;
    7 Litres per minute from the fixed shower head
    5 Litres per minute from the hand held shower
    10 Litres per minute from the body jets.

I hope the above and attached information is helpful, should you have any further questions please feel free to call me on the numbers below.
    Regards

Graham Cross
    Radco UK

3. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

WOW! Great service!

4. emmasaint

emmasaint New Member

Hi

I was hoping you would be able to tell me if this shower is suitable for a combi system with a pressure of 2.5bar, but uneven water flow.
    The flow on the hot water is 10 litres per min, and on the cold is 20 litres per min.
    The current old mixer shower cycles between hot and cold and I wonder if this will still happen with the Radco shower?
    Many thanks.

5. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Combi's are not usually very good at supplying multi jet or large head showers, they have the pressure but usually struggle to supply enough hot. Fit a combi specific valve for trouble free operation.

6. paule63

paule63 New Member

Hi,
    Just looked at your reply regarding the technical spec for the Atlantic shower column supplied by Costco. I bought one a couple of years ago and it is now dripping from the main shower rose. How do you clean/replace the valve to stop this problem?
    Thanks for any help you can provide.

7. HITMAN44

HITMAN44 New Member

CAN YOU CONFIRM HOW YOU FOUND THE SHOWER AS I am thinking of purchasing it for wet room using combi boiler worcester 30cdi

8. G-wizz

G-wizz New Member

Hi,

I also have the same Radco shower, bought from Costco - it is fitted to a 2 bar mains pressure system, but the water has no pressure at the head - merely dripping down across 75% of the head! Is there a means to manually increase the pressure to the head?

If Radco are unable to provide a solution, is there a retrofit solution available? Or. as a last resort, a similar sized type unit that would allow for pressure adjustment?

9. help_ash

help_ash New Member

Did you have any luck with repairing the drip. I have started having similar problem. Any suggestions?

It appears this is a common problem with Radco thermostatic mixer shower.

10. Glynb

Glynb New Member

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement shower head for the Ocean 11 shower? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Seems to be impossible to find any info!

Thanks

Glyn

11. Glynb

Glynb New Member

with regards to the drip, have a look at the rubber washer that connects to the hot water pipe. I had trouble with this as the rubber had perished.

12. Myhome

Myhome New Member

Hi does anybody have an email or contact number for Radco UK,  I am looking to purchase apare parts for an Atlantic shower column.

Many thanks

Phil

13. Rab

Rab Guest

how do i get in conyact with radco question about shower

14. Florence93

Florence93 New Member

I have a phone number as managed to find original documentation from our Radco Atlantic shower which we purchased from Cosco in 2008.  The thermostate has just packed up so shall be calling them.  Tel No 01484 862146.  Hope this helps.

15. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Bin it. Radco showers are rubbish and their support is non existant.

16. robert pridham

robert pridham New Member

Hi I purchased a Radco Atlantic shower from Costco six years ago and I have been delighted with my purchase however I have recently noticed a constant drip from the shower head and I presume it needs a new washer. I am usually a keen handyman but this baffles me as I would have thought it would have been designed in a way by removing the front control knob you could remove a washer. It doesn't seem that simple as I think I may have to remove the unit from the wall and repair from from behind. A real pain a I have fixed it to the wall with silicon. Has anyone had a similar experience and if so can you advise? Thanks Robert

17. colin wilcock

colin wilcock New Member

18. colin wilcock

colin wilcock New Member

Hi Robert,
    I am experiencing exactly same problems. Have you managed to resolve it ( i.e. repair the dripping shower issue)?

19. robert pridham

robert pridham New Member

Hi & Thanks for your response. Not sure yet if all will be ok as have not yet reconnected to water supply. I have managed to strip the panel down and got into the valve area. Thoroughly cleaned them & replaced. Problem being these sre not normal rubber washers but a weird plastic shape in white. I am hoping this will solve and I will let you know. Reconnecting the supply behind it a real ....... but hopefully will be worth the time. Failing this I will purchase a new one in November as Aparently Vostco has a new model coming out. Thanks anyway, Robert

20. colin wilcock

colin wilcock New Member

Hi Robert,
    Update? Just wonderdering if you have managed to reconnect shower? Has the drip issue been resolved?
    Colin