Radiator brackets

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by wunball, Apr 28, 2006.

1. wunball

wunball New Member

Is it possible to buy adjustable radiator hanging brackets, if so where would be best to look for them. i have an old radiator i would like to continue to use but i need to take it back to the wall slightly. any help or advice would be appreciated

2. strappy

strappy New Member

how far back,what type of rad is it

3. wunball

wunball New Member

double convector stands 135mm from wall to front of rad need to take it back ideally 30 to 40 mm

4. Bigplumber

Bigplumber New Member

Can't you reverse the brackets, some have a smaler distence from the wall if reversed.

5. goody_1000

goody_1000 New Member

I teh brackets are not able to be turned for short hanging, try looking around for a newer set they all have long and short hanging wholes in them now.

They might not fit vertically ont he radiatar but you can hacksaw them in half. Then you have the equivalant of four brackets. I have done this in the past. It's more work but it works.

I have had to do it when custmores call me in to put a new rad in and they've lost the original brackets.

I hope this helps.