RANT Nowt worse than folk !!!

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Hudson's Joinery, Apr 7, 2014.

1. As most of the trades man finding work can be hard at the minute and its a bit dog eat dog at times but bloody customers are sending me loopy

I have quoted for 12 kitchens in last month to get 2 jobs out of the 12 for example priced up a 14 unit kitchen in cream high gloss with chunky end panels and appliances £3,700 fitted customer comes back with well thats a bit expensive I have seen B&Q advertising same kitchen on TV for 3 grand fitted

What point of having some one price stuff up when they know they have not got cash to have it done waste of time and deisel oh and printer ink lol

And best one this week how much we could go on a cruise for that money

What are folk wonting ???

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

I've had that with driveways, "I could go on holiday for that" my reply is always, "drive will still be here in 10 years, your holiday memories will be long gone".:D

3. gadget man

gadget man Screwfix Select

Rant read and recorded!..:D

4. Is there a rant list lol:)

5. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Thing I have found in the past is the folk who complain about the prices most are those that can actually afford it.(ie,more money than bloody sense) The people who'll accept a good quote are usually working class people. ;);)

6. Yes i think you are right there thats how the rich stay rich I suppose
    still don't get me work though hopefully they will call back

7. gadget man

There is now!

8. NICE started a new screwfix rant list :D:D:D:D

9. gadget man

10. Think I have found a niche in the market 14 unit kitchen fitted and haven holiday for a week 7 grand all in :D

11. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

They'll go for that! Don't forget to throw in some cheap tat free gift like a set of chinese kitchen knives in a block.

Hudson's Joinery likes this.
  12. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I quoted on a kitchen fit about 5 yrs ago and a week later the chap phoned me up saying he was going with someone else who was only charging about half of what I was (labour only) about a month later, the same chap phoned me again asking if I could come and sort out the mistakes the chap he'd got to fit the kitchen, had made. Went round and had a look.. It was dire, I don't think he'd used a spirit level at all, some units were miles out of line with each other, doors weren't lined up with each other.. (didn't take it on and walked away) Ahh well ya gets what ya pays for. ;);)

13. Best example of that i have seen was a MFI kitchen fella decided to fit it him self a few weeks later had a call off store asking if i could go and have a look as customer was saying product is faulty he had only fitted wall units upside down he put wall hanging brackets to bottom of units and screw through back board at top lmao