rated people be warned

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by bazza1, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Brett1039

Brett1039 New Member

2. Richard Sykes

Richard Sykes New Member

I've used Rated People for quite a few years, with mixed results, but hadn't had a problem getting credit for 'bad' leads until last week. Paid £66 for a potential rewire just around the corner from where I live but then the guy didn't need a quote. I'm only a 'pay as you go' member and now can't get a refund, and customer service is shockingly bad.
    I've left a review on TrustPilot, as they seem to monitor there and post feedback. Without starting a small claims through the court, I'm not sure what else us little guys can do against the might of Rated People?

3. John Builder

John Builder New Member

I worked with rated people for 1 year and I have never been mistreated by someone the way rated people mistreated me with there policy.

Rated people is a bad advertising to good tradesman, favoring the homeowners to post as many jobs as possible. They encourage the homeowner to wait for 3 quotes and to chose the cheapest one not the best solution encouraging cheep work no quality work.
    The homeowners can rate you before you even get there, which is not normal.
    In some houses it is impossible to work because the place is a total mess and a bacterial zone and you can't refuse because they will give you bad rate in before you can even start the job.
    You go to the place you spend time and money, you give the homeowners the best ways to solve the problems and after they have the information they say they want a second opinion.
    Be aware that whatever you make with rated people about 33% -38% you play the information to rated people.

4. Kesh888

Kesh888 New Member

I have going through same crime committed by Ratedpeople because no matter what they wants your money. I believe they may be running fraudulent activities by putting lead in their site and when tradesman buy it, tradesman call the customer, text customer, email customer and finally request call back and nothing happens. You put bad lead and put down all the details where tradesman have to meet Ratedpeople criteria but Ratedpeople reply by saying you have no meet all the policies criteria and refuges to pay lead amount back in to the credit. Other Possibilities where enemies of Ratedpeople put job leads on Ratedpeople site and posing as customer and make Ratedpeople tradesman buy the lead and play around and when Ratedpeople contact them back when you have put request for refund, customers lies to trap tradesman and this way tradesman leaves the membership so if this is the case, Ratedpeople must refund and look into their policy where tradesman at no fault but they looses their hard earn case and carry on loosing it then one day say enough is enough here.

5. Kesh888

Kesh888 New Member

I have gone through numbers of lead where customers just posses as customer and when you buy lead, you call same second and no reply to your phone callas, text, email and finally call back request so if you have meet all criteria then how can ratedpeople say you have no met any of their policies. Customer just play where they pay nothing and tradesman when visit the premises, customers just have hired you free of charge for the advice and say we will contact you so i suppose tradesman should be given some short of protection so if bogus customers do come to ruin Ratedpeople, Ratedpeople should back tradesman because without their revenue, Ratedpeople will be history sooner or later just like few i know went to hell because they had Ratedpeople type attitude and they no linger in business because tradesman always find something new like many others are in market newly form businesses where you only pay if customer have given the work so let's see what is coming next.

6. John Builder

John Builder New Member

I personally got screwed by rated people, I looked for other websites and I've noticed rated-builders.com that they have small prices for leads like £1.99

7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

They are all the same, parasites.

Sparkielev likes this.
  8. Moravski

Moravski New Member

For all trades people using Rated people beware!!! Although RP re-introduced request the lead back policy sometime ago I just found out they are going back to the old days but in a different way. They reserve the right to decline the lead cost request on some "politically correct" grounds regardless of the fact that a request is genuine. Not a good news for members but also for RP. They lost significant number of 5 stars trades people over the same issue. Potential clients will also be on the loosing side as they will not have a bigger choice of quality 5 stars rated tradesman who simply left because RP is constantly refusing to understand that providing the job leads for purchase with complete disregard for the interest of their members was never good enough and never will be. RP greedy policy makers do need to understand that money making is two way traffic. Unless they do that they'll never achieve a full potential of their own business and will continue loosing their 5 star rated members.

The other inconsistent policy with RP is the lead pricing. For the same lead and budget in central London you'll be paying always much more compared to identical leads advertised elsewhere.

I hope that anybody with intention to join RP will find my review helpful. Should you decide to join you'll find that reality and truth are more than harsh.

9. neibick76

neibick76 Member

And here was me thinking of signing up. However i wonder what the sucsess rate of for tades on the site

10. Moravski

Moravski New Member

My membership renewal is due in 2 months. I have no intention to renew it. RP completely lost their way due to bad, greedy management. You'll have no protection whatsoever for spending the money on leads. Any quirey you may have will end up with stupid answers and dull excuses. RP does not have any vetting procedure for potential clients. Anybody can post a job lead. Remember that clients don't have to pay for posting the job. The number of time wasters or, at the best, quote chasers became overwhelming in the last 12 months. There is something definitely very wrong with RP "business" policies and they are not going to change it. Hope you'll find my replay helpful.. RP also stands for RIP-OF people. Good luck

11. neibick76

neibick76 Member

You have made my mind up for me. I will not be joining. To many bad reports.
    Now got yell.com wanting £115 a month. To join them blablaaa

12. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

And of course this company has nothing to do with you (much)
    You're all the same mate, firms like this are ten a penny waiting to take the hard earned cash out of the traders wallet.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2017
  13. neibick76

neibick76 Member

They never called me back so that says a lot for customer service. Ar well nithing gained..

14. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

This post is out of context as admin removed the previous comment.

15. Jimster304

Jimster304 New Member

We used RatedPeople to find a reliable tradesman but lost over £2000 to two cowboys / rogue traders that had registered on RatedPeople. We later discovered that these particular rogue traders had re-registered on RatedPeople on numerous occasions, sometimes using false addresses and names. This is despite RatedPeople claiming to verify the identities of people registering on the site using credit reference agencies and photo id such as driving license or passport. We found one of the cowboys had registered on Ratedpeople using a neighbour's address without her knowledge, nor permission. If fact the neighbour wasn't on friendly terms with the cowboy builder! It beggers the question just how Ratedpeople had missed this in their so called checks.

16. Maggie Jurajda

Maggie Jurajda New Member

Hello all, I have read most of the comments and reviews here about the rated people portal.
    I am architectural technician by profession but also an entrepreneur, with many ideas. I have been working with property developers, and I am running my own property services business. I usually help first time home buyers, I was over looking refurbishment projects, taking before and after photos, run a refurbishment project for the client,
    and observe what issues are in construction industry. I did had a problem with the builder, who I knew well, who never finish the job after 5 months, which meant to take 4 weeks, and ...kept a few £k. I lost the contract and good relationship with the client, so as another few contracts, as he was appointed for quotes. I have attended and keep going for property networking. I understand that there are good tradesman, who do good job and loose money and also bad ones, where clients loose money. I am currently doing market research and looking what solutions are available, what issues are occurring. I have an idea for a solution for both clients and good tradesman, but would like to work with you, and find out your opinions and suggestions, to create a platform, which would be beneficial for everyone. I have spoke to couple of developers and some investors. Most important fact for me in business is loyalty, ethics and honesty. Please let me know if you would like to help me develop a good solution for you and for the clients and I will get in touch with you via email. I understand how frustrating it may get loosing money as I have been working for free for months, trying to keep the client happy, with unreliable builder, which got plenty of options to make things right. I am sure we can come up with good solution and develop a tool, which will be useful for everyone. I would be happy to hear your opinions. Best wishes to you all

17. clive griffin

clive griffin New Member

Please stop moaning and do something about it like leaving bad reviews on www.trustpilot.com

18. ArtArt

ArtArt New Member

I have had a few dealings with Rated People. All they care about is their profit.

I was using their service to find leads for work. Wasn't working for me so I stopped using it. Their salesman called me asking if I want to go on the new £25 a month service. I said NO. Not interested.

I told him it was not working and no good for me. What he didn't tell me is that my membership was set to renew automatically.

So they went ahead and charged my account the £180 annual fee. When I found out, purely by chance, they refused to refund the £180.

I said "The service does not work for me. It's clear that I don't want it and I told your salesman the same."

They said "You didn't officially cancel and we did send you an email to remind you about the membership renewing."

I checked and found no email. I called them back. Now they changed their position. "The email is just sent as a matter of courtesy and doesn't matter - you signed the renewal agreement when you joined a year ago."

They are not offering a service - they are just trying to take money and keep it. I complained to my credit card company and they are doing a chargeback now.

A pity I have to resort to this just to get my membership fees back for a service I have not used in 9 months and I made clear I did not want.

No reputable company operates in this way.

They carry on like that - they will be out of business very soon.

I would never give them my business ever again.

19. Hi Maggie,
    I am glad some one out there, as you trying to solve this problem.
    I have been a member of rated people since 2010, and their services started to get worse since then, which contributed to lose a lot of money due to fake job leads and un answered clients to my calls.

and currently they made the worse changes ever to their term and condition, which is pay as you go members can't request credit any more, and they made the credit request only available to the monthly contract members, which in other words they are trying to force all tradesmen to sign up for yearly contact, and even then the credit request only accepted based on 20% of the total spending, which mean tradesmen have to buy lots of jobs in order to request a credit, as an example of that if my total spending per month were £300 0r £400 I will be only allowed to claim credit for the value or 20% of my total spending, so if I bought two fake job leads with a total of £95 for example, I will only be allowed to claim credit for the cheaper job as its value within the 20% of my total spending.

this is a created a huge anger and frustration about their greed and bad terms that only care about them self alone, and never care about the tradesmen nor the clients by signing up cowboy tradesmen that give client very cheap prices in order to get the jobs, which created huge problem for us as honest tradesmen who give realistic fair figure by losing the jobs as we will never match those cowboy prices, never the less the client won't be happy to use the services again after having bad experience from those cowboys.

I also had the interest to try to do something about it, by creating a platform that secure, trust and fairness, for both client and tradesmen, but I only have the idea and concept, but I lack the contact which you probably has, which is developers and investors.

so I am keen to get in touch to share my ides with you in order to help you get this done to save good tradesmen from those corrupted greedy firm such as rated people and my builders.
    I am also member with checkatarde too, which I like most even though I did get much work from them, but I like the fact they came to my home to their thorough check on me before putting me on their platform, nevertheless checking all my paper work, Id, insurance, calling existing clients for references.

I am keen to share my thoughts with you if you still working on the solutions, as I am really had enough from those thieves.