Rawlplug R-GPB-PLUS **BRAND NEW** Tap-it Hammer In Plasterboard Fixing with Screws

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by retiredsparks, Nov 27, 2015.

1. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

2. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

I've used similar in the past and like all these plasterboard fixings it really depends on what you want held up. I've used them for light stuff like fixing bits of IT kits (switches, modems etc) to walls and they work great. For medium stuff, like building out small cupboards the "screw in" type work pretty well for me but for summit that's gonna last forever I use the "butterfly" type.

3. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

These work great in dry lined buildings (as in not plastered, simply drywall with taped and filled joints). I don't like using them with a skimmed finish. Banging away with a hammer just doesn't feel right! My wholesaler had loads of these for a while, but no longer have them, as they just didn't sell.

4. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

Good point lec....tho they do look sharp.
    RS

5. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

I've still got a few, would buy again.

6. stateit

stateit Screwfix Select

I like the look of them... The blurb says they take 30kg vertically. I'm just about out of Redidrives, so I'll check these out next. You can't always neatly remove Redidrives. These look like they may have a slight edge.

7. diymostthings

diymostthings Well-Known Member

All plasterboard fixings come with a pull-out force figure and max shear (downward) force. Should be on the box or inside in a leaflet.

diymostthings