Recessions over

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Phil the Paver, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

FatHands likes this.
  2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I can see how prostitution is included as it is legal and taxed but drugs...

3. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

recession is over, oh good, does that mean i can get a council house now and stop going to the food bank,:)

4. flateric

flateric Well-Known Member

Sorry tom immigrants first, then your dole dossers single parents next. Ooooops nothing left for thr workers ...... Again :)

5. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

that's ridiculous, how can drugs be included in "boosting the economy".
    Putting recreational habits to one side, they are illegal, people selling them won't be paying taxes on them and the NHS must spend a fortune on helping people who have been screwed over by them.

6. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

fats the goverment know they are coming in so they tax everthing that comes through the borders, so even though they don't know which parcel they're in there's tax paid on them, which pushes the price up and is passed down to the user,
    the last guitar I bought from China was a telecaster, the cost was £50 for the geetar,£20 for the case and £80 for the shipping, total £70 not counting the shipping then I was charged £57 import tax, I complained that they were taxing more than the guitar value, they said," pay it or we ship it back" , rip off Britian,

FatHands likes this.
  7. FatHands

thats crazy Tom. How can they justify that?!

8. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

they don't need to,you've got about 30 days to pay and if you dont pay they send it back, there's no escaping the taxman, EVERYTHING is taxed and plenty of it, start with your income tax and NI comes to about 30% then a further 20% on EVERTHING you buy, so roughlly speaking that's 50% of your money going to the taxman, so the more you earn the more you spend and the more the gov'ment gets, that's how he reckons the econemy situation,

9. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

They will do anything to massage the figures!
    No doubt quite a few MPs have had the odd massage and extra relief:p

10. Can't remember the last time I splashed out on a prossie.

11. FatHands

:D

12. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

that's a box I have't ticked either, but I'm a great believer in joining the, 'when was the last time you did something for the first time' brigade, but I'll be asking for a 'job on the side' and hopefully she'll work a week in hand like any other new starter,:D

13. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Was there a pun intended there, "a week in HAND". :p:p

FatHands likes this.
  14. FatHands

a week?! :D

15. Or, weak... :oops:

FatHands likes this.
  16. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

Tax his land,
    Tax his bed,
    Tax the table
    At which he's fed.

Tax his work,
    Tax his pay,
    He works for peanuts
    Anyway!

Tax his cow,
    Tax his goat,
    Tax his pants,
    Tax his coat.

Tax his tobacco,
    Tax his drink,
    Tax him if he
    Tries to think.

Tax his car,
    Tax his gas,
    Find other ways
    To tax his ***.

Tax all he has
    Then let him know
    That you won't be done
    Till he has no dough.

When he screams and hollers;
    Then tax him some more,
    Tax him till
    He's good and sore.

Then tax his coffin,
    Tax his grave,
    Tax the sod in
    Which he's laid.

When he's gone,
    Do not relax,
    It's time to apply
    The inheritance tax.

Accounts Receivable Tax
    Airline surcharge tax
    Airline Fuel Tax
    Airport Maintenance Tax
    Building Permit Tax
    Cigarette Tax
    Cooking Tax
    Corporate Income Tax
    Goods and Services Tax (GST)
    Death Tax
    Driving Permit Tax
    Environmental Tax (Fee)
    Excise Taxes
    Income Tax
    Fishing License Tax
    Food License Tax
    Petrol Tax (too much per litre)
    Gross Receipts Tax
    Health Tax
    Heating Tax
    Inheritance Tax
    Interest Tax
    Lighting Tax
    Liquor Tax
    Luxury Taxes
    Marriage License Tax
    Medicare Tax
    Mortgage Tax
    Pension Tax
    Personal Income Tax
    Property Tax
    Poverty Tax
    Prescription Drug Tax
    Real Estate Tax
    Recreational Vehicle Tax
    Retail Sales Tax
    Service Charge Tax
    School Tax
    Telephone Tax
    Value Added Tax
    Vehicle License Registration Tax
    Vehicle Sales Tax
    Water Tax
    Workers Compensation Tax
    Tax (VAT) on Tax.
    And Now they want a blooming Carbon tax

Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago, & our nation was one of the most prosperous in the world... We had absolutely no national debt, had a large middle class,a huge manufacturing base, and Mum stayed home to raise the kids.

What in the Hell happened? Could it be the lying parasitic politicians wasting our money?

17. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

a fine is tax for doing wrong
    tax is a fine for doing well

recession over ? only for some :(

18. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

And again, again, again.

announcements include, freezing benefits so they don't rise faster than wages. Nothing for the poorest.
    Increasing the personal allowance giving those that earn £12,500 an extra £450 a YEAR. Whoopeefkndoo.
    Increasing the tax threshold for 40% tax giving those that earn £50,000+ an extra £1500. But hang on, they also benefit from the personal allowance increase, so an extra £450 too.

Mmmmmm? Can ya see the rising scale?

What a load of trollocks!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

FatHands likes this.
  19. "Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago, & our nation was one of the most prosperous in the world... We had absolutely no national debt, had a large middle class,a huge manufacturing base, and Mum stayed home to raise the kids.

What in the Hell happened? Could it be the lying parasitic politicians wasting our money?
    "

Hands up everyone who'd like to go back to 100 years ago? Hmm, you in the back with your hand hesitantly going up - you really think you'd have been better off then?

Had a large middle class, had we? Well, yep. But we had an even larger working class. Sorry, I don't mean 'working', I mean emaciated, poverty-stricken, workhouse ragamuffins. Destitution beyond our imagination.

And TB. No NHS. No antibiotics. No indoor loos. No CH. No GlowWorms. No Fenders or Gibsons. No Zafiras. No... stuff.

I'd rather stay where I am, thankyouverymush.

As I tell ma wee kiddies, be really really thankful you are alive at this time of human development - it's been a hellish ride up until now, and gawd knows what it'll be like in the future. Pure chance you are here now.

It could have been 500, 2,000, 100,000 years ago that you had been born. And, good chance it would have been a very short life. Of hell.

Right now, we are bludy, bludy lucky. And don't forget it.

Don't believe me? Just go back in your mind, ooh, just 50 years. Or imagine going forward that amount too.

I'm happy as a pig in s*** right here.

20. And taxes are partly wot pays for our civility :).

Pay up with a smile... :rolleyes: