Replace H.Well T6360B with Netatmo

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Bowdenc, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Bowdenc

Bowdenc New Member

IMG_3104.JPG I'm replacing a Honeywell T6360B Thermostat with a Netatmo. See attached picture. I have four wires but for the Netatmo stat I need 2 control wires. Can anyone tell me which these are from the attached pic. Many thanks.

2. leesparkykent

leesparkykent Well-Known Member

on the Honeywell thermostat 1 is live, 2 neutral and 3 switch live.

3. Bowdenc

Bowdenc New Member

Thanks thats helpful. So are the two control wires for the Netatmo stat 1&3 ? See attached

Attached Files:

4. leesparkykent

leesparkykent Well-Known Member

I cant see the photo properly.

5. Teki

Teki Screwfix Select

There are ways to wire the Netatmo depending on whether you are siting the relay unit near your boiler or in the same room as your thermostat and using existing boiler wiring.

These videos might help:

If you are reusing the existing wiring to the thermostat, you will need to use the two brown wires (live and switched live). Remember to safely insulate the blue wire and place it into the wall.

6. Bowdenc

Bowdenc New Member

Thanks for your help.

I'm using existing wiring from the Honeywell stat.

The relay will be near to the Netatmo stat - by plugging it directly in a power socket.

7. Bowdenc

Bowdenc New Member

Thanks for time. I've added a better picture. Do you it is the two brown wires that are the control wires for the new stat ?

Attached Files:

8. Teki

Teki Screwfix Select

Yes, the two brown wires in terminals 1 & 3. (Brown is live, black oversleeved brown is switched live, grey oversleeved blue is neutral, yellow/green is earth).

You will need to safely insulate the blue and yellow/green wires separately.

9. Sam Redfern-Perry

Sam Redfern-Perry New Member

Probably a silly question... If I replace my existing thermostat with my Netatmo, what do I do with my current controller? Just set the central heating to constant and ignore it or remove it?

10. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

Yes. Set it to constant. Or you could wire it out.
    You'll need to keep the existing controller if it controls the hot water though!

Sam Redfern-Perry likes this.
  11. Sam Redfern-Perry

Thank you

12. Sam Redfern-Perry

I'm replacing an old Danfoss thermostat with red, yellow and blue cables, which should I use to install my Netatmo? I've tried different combinations of red and yellow and set my controller to constant and the boiler is just running constantly despite what I set the temp too. Help please!

13. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

The problem is that the wires have colours and the colours don't tell us anything much.
    We can guess, or swop wires around all day without a result. Often, teh random wire swopping dance causes a fuse to blow, or worse, the programmer or the boiler control baord. So its much easier, and cheaper not to guess at these things.

So, some easy questions:

What terminals were the wires connected to on the old thermostat?
    What model Danfoss stat was it?
    Did you take a picture?

If you don't have adequate answers to these questions there is another one:
    Do you have a two-probe voltage tester that you know how to use?

14. Sam Redfern-Perry

15. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

16. Sam Redfern-Perry

Attached Files:

17. Sam Redfern-Perry

To complicate matters further I have a heat only boiler, solar panels and a Drayton controller. If I set my heating to constant then y hot water seems to run constantly. If the Netatmo going to do the job with my set up or should I get a Nest or Hive?

Thanks in advance

18. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

Neutral : blue
    Live : red
    Call for heat : yellow

19. AnnieBear

AnnieBear New Member

I have a similar question.

Based on the attached photos, which wires should I connect to the Netatmo thermostat - (1) Red and (2) Yellow?

Then insulate (4) Blue?

IMG_5089.jpeg IMG_5126.jpeg

20. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select