replacement windows

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by gettin there, Apr 19, 2015.

1. gettin there

gettin there New Member

Hello
    I want to fit some new windows, was hoping to buy them 'off the peg' but find my windows are not standard sizes. I can find window sized at 1490mm or 1780mm from Screwfix, but my windows are 1770mm, does anyone know of a supplier with a wider range of sizes ready made as I was hoping avoid getting them custom made.
    Thanks, Steve

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

3. Big Dunk

Big Dunk Active Member

If in upvc then custom made will be similar prices anyway. Just have them made.

4. gettin there

gettin there New Member

Thanks for the replies, I thought custom made would be really expensive, I'll have a look, thanks Big Dunk.

5. Andy_

Andy_ New Member

6. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Don't know if this is SPAM or not, but they are very competitive on price, I was quoted by them for a few Windows at my house, they where the cheapest by miles, up to date I haven't done the job yet, so couldn't vouch on the quality of the windows though.

7. gettin there

gettin there New Member

thanks phil looked up that web site will get a quote
    steve

8. Andy_

Andy_ New Member

Not spam lol, I just don't post that often. Quality was good for me but that was 7 years ago maybe. I'm not linked to the company whatsoever...

9. jimmy the enforcer

jimmy the enforcer New Member

Hi
    Having a joinery business Timber Windows & Doors
    If you need off the shelf try Woodwindowsonline
    We wouldn't be able to come within mile of these prices and to be fair not bad,better than Jeld-wen thats for sure