Replacing carbon Brushes in a Metabo KHE26 SDS drill

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by Jitender, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I have the Metabo KHE26 SDS drill. An am trying to replace the bushes on it as one of them has been chipped.

Am having difficulty fitting it all back together again, the 2 brushes which i brought, one has a lug to accept a cable the other is without.

the only problem is when I place it all back together again with the brush with the lug at the top, is that when forward and reverse mode is selected, the terminal hits the other cabling. I have tried it with this brush at the bottom, but the wire is not long enough.

I have had the drill for about over 9 years now, I have brought a Makita one today, but the metabo looks better made. Makita is made in China

2. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

Well, by the lack of response to your posting, you must realise that we haven't a clue. I would suggest that you use an experienced power tool repairer. Yeah, it will cost, but if you like your Metabo, then that's the only way. :(

3. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Ive contacted my local Metabo repairer,

they do not repair any items now but they subcontract out, i have the details for the repairer they use, so will take it in for repair.

Wish i had take a picture of it before i took apart.