rexon Power Tools

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Puzzler, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Puzzler

Puzzler New Member

Can anyone provide an unbiased opinion about Rexon power tools ? I am looking at buying their scroll saw. as it is powered by a 200W motor compared to 90W for other manufacturers.

2. Pugley

Pugley Member

I am pretty sure Rexon manufacture tools to price for certain markets. I have owned one of their M2501 mitre saws for 3 years, got through 5 blades and still there no play in any of the parts - cuts very accurately.

My brother purchased a skinny cheaper version from a supermarket and it is a sloppy load of c**p.

They clearly can make excellent tools and not so excellent ones. I guess you will need to touch and feel before buying.

I believe there are other companies that market products to different consumers.........now let me think - is it B & D or Dwal something or other?

3. bagpuss

bagpuss Guest

i have owned a Rexon bench morticer for about 3 or 4 months now and have been more than happy. it looks and feels excellently built, and is very accurate too.

i have also just bought a Rexon two speed bandsaw, but it will be tomorrow when i first use it, but so far, looks excellent too.

i would buy rexon products again.

cheers :)

4. Nailed

Nailed New Member

I've got a Rexon 6-inch jointer, had no problems with it, seems to be pretty well built and works well.

5. Dewy

Dewy New Member

Rexon UK was set up in 1995 & is wholely owned by Rexon Industrial Corp.Ltd based in Taiwan.
    http://www.rexon.co.uk/
    They appear to be aimed at the better quality, more expensive side of the DIY market.
    Their prime sellers are B&Q, Screwfix, Focus-Do It All, Cromwell & larger independant woodworking stores.

6. ukwoody

ukwoody New Member

Borrowed a Rexon sliding mitre saw the other week. Seemed very nice, smooth and durable. Time would tell.
    I notice that in my local B&Q, one or two of their power tools have been overstuck with the Rexon brand (?) notably their bench planer and dust extractor.
    Woody

7. ColG

ColG New Member

I've got the Rexon table saw, mitre saw and band saw and all are really well built.

Col

8. grumanpi

grumanpi New Member

I brought a rexon 2500a miter saw about 3 years ago and while using it today it just stoped. Checked all the usual things ie power, fuse etc so decided to take a look inside. Switch ok bushes ok so took the motor cover off and hey presto found the problem the secondary coil windings had over heated and 2/3 of the wires had snaped. I have tried looking for spares for this model but non are avaible. Have now got the uk rexon phone number 01709876611 and will give them a call after the bank holiday.I found this saw ok for the money but if you are doing some serious DIY/trade then for a few pounds more I would recommend buying a better quality saw it will outlast any rexon product.

9. tobwas

tobwas New Member

Hi, I've owned and used a Rexon bandsaw over the last 3 years with no problems at all, I particularly like the above and below table guide arrangement.

10. Pamamas

Pamamas New Member

do you have any problems sawing in a straight line. My machine BS2310A keeps going off line by itself on anything over 1/4" thick. I have adjusted tension to no avail. Am i setting guides incorrectly or using too small a blade 1/4"
    David

11. sparkyman2

sparkyman2 New Member

..as a general rule, a narrow blade is used for curved cuts - it will be difficult to maintain a straight cut in thick sections, especially if you're relying on a fence as your guide. Ideally you should be using the widest blade possible for straight cuts, together with a single contact point guide, rather than a fence. The single contact point should have a slight radius (or a bearing) and be positioned directly abeam the blade, at the distance you require for your cut. A pencil line on your stock will be your reference - keep a close eye on the cut as your stock rolls along the guide....you will need to make constant minor corrections to the course of the blade - as you see it deflect away from your pencil line, make a correction by rotating the stock around the contact point of the guide to keep the blade on track. WIth a bit of practice you will start to make corrections automatically and will end up with a good cut.

12. hallbeck

hallbeck New Member

Wow Sparkyman - you really put this poster out of his misery. I'm sure he has been sat next to his PC for just 2 days short of 3 years waiting for your reply!