Rothenberger

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by dubsie, Feb 27, 2015.

1. dubsie

dubsie Active Member

Why are Rothenberger tools rubbish. I've had a pair of their grips just months and the teeth are virtually gone. I've still got my knipex from 10 years ago and despite their age the teeth are still there.

Why doesn't anyone these days sell knipex....rothenberger rubbish rubbish rubbish. Had to buy off amazon because all the merchants are Rothenberger junkies.

2. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

Cant say Ive had a problem with mine, had them for about 10 years or so and there just starting to slip a bit

3. dubsie

dubsie Active Member

I know rothenberger used to be top notch, these are rubbish. Can't get my money back either from the merchants.....really annoyed because there not cheap.

4. donny0710

donny0710 New Member

dubsie, try speaking to rothenberger direct 01536 310300. i had a problem with blow torch and they sent me a repair kit f.o.c.
    you never know they may replace them

5. dubsie

dubsie Active Member

I'll try but I've just spent £70.00 on a pair of knipex grips....but my superfire2 blow torch is also playing up so I'll try and get a free service kit.

6. plumber-boy

plumber-boy Well-Known Member

£70.00 you must be mad.:confused:

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Crazy! £70:eek:, & I thought just spending £23 on a some Bahco 8224 slip joints was expensive, first new pair I've bought in years.

8. VISE-GRIP_GrooveLock.jpg Not a professional plumber but ive always used irwin grips (most of my hand tools are either irwin or stanley) and never had problem with them bought a pair of these before christmas nicest grips ive ever used :)

9. plumber-boy

Yep, not bad grips them and they don't cost £70.00.

10. Yeah i paid £13 for my pair bit cheaper ;)

11. plumber-boy

Bargain..;)

12. flateric

flateric Well-Known Member

Knicked them from my nephew how cheap is that.[​IMG]

13. flateric

Knicked my be a bit of an exaggeration.......... I persuaded him to part with them. :D

14. plumber-boy

Persuaded with charm or violence.:)

15. flateric

I was very polite and did not twist his arm too far, he only cried a bit :)

16. plumber-boy

Thats charm,flateric style.:)

17. flateric

That's me as friendly as they come[​IMG]

18. itchyspanner

itchyspanner Member

rotherberger dont make most of there branded hand tools sold in the uk, its just cheap rebranded china rubbish.

the ones they do or did make were fine.

and the kopex and bernomatic torches have never been rothy's anyway.

but as alot of tool manufacturers have done they have reduced there own manufacturing base and out sourced. Bacho adjustables are another example, the manufacturing tollerances has reduced in recent years, best to buy an older model with sweden on the handle.

KIAB likes this.
  19. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

I don't bother to buy some tools now unless nesscesary, especially tools like adjustable spanners, stilsons, etc, I've started poking around car boots sales,perfectly good useable old quailty from makers like Jackdaw,Garringtion Blackbird, Bahco,Elora, I've found some real bargains, a bit of hagggling, none of the rebranded chinesse junk around now.
    Picked up last a Elora 15" adjustable from a flea market for a fiver, bit of rust, but condition wise, barely used.

Even Freecycle, Freegle, I've had bargains, brand new unused 9" Hitachi grinder, 80mtrs of MDF skirting, Drayton TRV4 vavles,hunt around surprise what bargains you can find.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  20. flateric

Nothing wrong with a good car boot I use them as my main supplier upload_2015-3-8_14-22-26.jpeg