Router issues

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by ArtBalcombe, Feb 11, 2017.

1. ArtBalcombe

ArtBalcombe Member

I'm having difficulty with a Trend T9 1/2 router fitted with a 50mm straight cutter. This is meant to have a 75mm plunge but I can't get deep enough to cut through 40mm oak worktop once the router is sitting on the the 18mm jig.

Am I missing something? I'm wary about pulling the cutter too far out of the collet in case it comes out when I'm routing.

Any comments gratefully received!

2. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Buy a 63mm cutter mate, and extend the bit out of the collect the safest maximum distance you can and it should do the trick.

ArtBalcombe likes this.
  3. ArtBalcombe

ArtBalcombe Member

Thanks, Jord, any thoughts on what the safest minimum distance in to the collet might be please?

4. Paulie1412

Paulie1412 Active Member

When you look at the part of the router cutter that goes into the router there should be a line which marks minimum safe depth for cutter to be in the router

ArtBalcombe likes this.
  5. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

The router instruction manual should give you this information in setting up, YouTube is another good source.

6. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

There should be a mark like this on the bit

upload_2017-2-11_14-15-31.png

The backwards K is the point

A lot of the Trend cutters are 50mm whilst for Kitchen worktops you need the longer 63mm ones - our hosts have a wide selection of them

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    ArtBalcombe likes this.