S Plan Heating System

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by bond007, Oct 27, 2013.

1. bond007

bond007 Well-Known Member

Guys

I would like to section out the central heating in my house

Currently when a put central heating on the whole house comes on even the conservatory underfloor heating.
    I have been told i require a S plan heating system where i put 2 port valves in.
    I want to have 3 zones.
    1 upstairs, 1 downstairs and 1 for conservatory.

I already have one 2 port valve which has like a thermostat coming out from But when i turn that thermostat off central heating doesn't come on.

What i want to know is what material will a need to do the S plan system. Will i need to open floor boards and play about with them . Or can it be all done from like my garage where all pipework runs from?

I have attached a few pictures for clarity, this is only for me conservatory underfloor heating.
    I only have one thermostat controls all house.

Attached Files:

2. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

zoning the UFH is easy, just a zone valve, timer and stat - which might fit adjacent to the manifold

rather than messing about creating zones for the main house, why not just replace the radiator valves with intelligent radiator - these can be programmed to create a heating profile for each room

there's also a little USB device that plugs into your PC, and an application that allows you to create a profile by dragging and dropping - and then wireless upload to the stat

plenty of smart stats available

http://www.screwfix.com/p/terrier-i-temp-i30-programmable-thermostatic-radiator-valve/71054

3. There is a lot involved in that, you need 2 separate flow & returns for each zone & a pair for uf