Sanding capability 18v multi tool better than Bosch PSM 100?

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by pilze, Apr 15, 2016.

1. pilze

pilze New Member

Hi there,

I've got a little cheap Bosch PSM 100 for small detailed sanding jobs. I'm wondering if I replace it with an 18v cordless multi tool like the DTM 50Z/DTM 51Z and a sanding head, whether it will do as good a job at sanding? Obviously I want the multi-tool for its flexibility, but one of the things it would be great for is if it could replace the Bosch or improve on it.

Anyone with experience with either?

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I have a Fein and it sands very well.

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

And many other jobs very well.

Do you need the dust extraction attachment for best results on it Chips when sanding.

5. pilze

pilze New Member

Have heard the Fein (+Festool) corded ones are very highly rated. I was erring on the side of starting to go for a system like 18v Makita LXT, difficult to tell, people say the corded ones are better apart from the cord. Guess like everything it'll depend on how I end up using it. Chippie thanks for letting me know. Was hoping for the sake of neatness to at least ditch the little Bosch which I have found very handy for what it is.