Sani flow

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Dave Chorley, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Dave Chorley

Dave Chorley New Member

I have recently fitted a bathroom in the spare room of a customers house. The w/c is pumped by a sani flow as it was the only option. However the customer supplied a cheaper European version. It's very similar I think, but I have only ever removed sani flows in the past. The problem is that the waste exits the top of the sani flow via a one way flap valve to 32mm pipe. This then runs roughly 11m horizontally with a few swept bends outside into the soil pipe which is obviously vented. When the w/c is flushed it runs away ok but after, lots of air is being sucked back in and it's quite noisy. I'm concerned about the amount of pressure that's in the pipe work and whether I could fit an AAV near the sani flow to stop this and increase the speed of the flush ?

2. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

Hi Dave.
    Not sure an AAV would help,but having said that for the cost I'd certainly try it.Sorry I can't be much more help.:(

3. Dave Chorley

Dave Chorley New Member

Since my last post the customer has rung the manufacture and said this is normal ? I'm still unsure as I think they fobbed him off. Will try AAV and see what happens
    Cheers

4. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

Yes sounds like the manufactures "looking for door" so to speak.
    I agree Dave whack one on there can't do any harm mate.;)

5. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Saniflo's. Bloody hate them. We have one at work and people will insist on putting wet wipes down't pan. I then have to remove the toilet, take the Saniflo outside and open it up to remove the wet wipes from around the macerator blades. Did it on Monday this week,, (3rd time this year it's been out too). A thankless task. :eek::eek:

6. Dave Chorley

Dave Chorley New Member

I feel your pain. I hate them too, but the customer is always right !!! I have left him the manual so if it does block up in the future, he can sort it out ?