Screwdriver bits?

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by BiancoTheGiraffe, Aug 20, 2017.

1. BiancoTheGiraffe

BiancoTheGiraffe Screwfix Select

Pretty basic one this!

Where can I get an assortment of decent quality screwdriver bits?!

The ones I have are on their last legs. Last time I bought an Erbauer set which were ok, but not pro grade by any means.

The likes of DeWalt and Makita bits seem to only come in packs of a single size, I only need 3-4 of each, don't want to have to buy 20+ of every size!

2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I like Wera screwdriver bits. I don't think manufacturers sell em in small packs anymore,, Just buy a pack of twenty, of the usual sizes you use (usually PZ2 and PH2) All other sized bits , you'll probably only use , very occasionally.

malkie129 likes this.
  3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

TS sell a bag of 100 PZ2 for less than £8.00 and they last as long as any other I have used.
    Axminster used to sell a box of mixed bits.

4. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Just buy what sizes you need as said above. These multi packs give you sizes you never use. It's the same with masonry drills sets. Only ever use a few sizes

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Another user of Wera bits.

6. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

Invest is a decent Wera set such as a BiTorsion with Rapidaptor http://products.wera.de/en/tools_fo...es_bitorsion_bit-check_10_pz_bitorsion_2.html That will have 1xPz1, 8xPz2 and 1xPz3. from experience, I use Pz2 about 20 times as often as Pz1 or Pz3. Buy a couple of flat tips and a Ph2 and substitute those for a Pz2s in the holder and you will be set up.

Look at what you use and you will find it to be very similar - almost always Pz2 with occasional Ph2, Pz1 and Pz3 and very, very occasionally a Pz4 or Pz0

Don't but the cheap bags of 100 tips - they can be rubbish quality or not made to the correct Pz spec and there are some branded ones that are bad too.

7. gpierce

gpierce Active Member

I used to use the Wera bits, and do think they are the best, however...

I always buy the packs of DeWalt impact ready PZ2 bits. Not quite as good as the Wera Impaktor ones were, but there isn't a lot in it, and the number of bits you get with DeWalt packs is much more (it was 25 bits for DeWalt @ about £8, and 5 bits for Wera @ about £20 when I bought them) - so the DeWalt bits drive more screws for every pound spent.

8. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

I find the WeWalt one to be "not too good" the fit into screw heads is sloppy and they do not last. I'll send you 40 unused Dewalt in exchange for 10 Wera

KIAB likes this.
  9. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Wiha are also very good, but expensive like Wera.