Screwfix Live 2017

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by actiongirl5, Sep 9, 2017.

1. actiongirl5

actiongirl5 New Member

Hi
    I have just been sent a mailout through the post for Screwfix Live 2017 and I was just wondering is it worth attending the event as it looks a really good day out. It is a very long way from where I live so I do not want to make a wasted journey, however from advertised it does look right up my street. Has anyone ever been to a Screwfix live and what are your thoughts.

Mandy

2. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

Depends if there is anything large/expensive that you specifically want. If so, the discount may be worth making the journey. There is also the bag of freebies, last year they included Stanley tapes, hex key set, padlock, gloves, pinkgrip, masking tape and a few other bits - a nice little gift. Last year they ran out of bags and a couple of friends got £25 vouchers which were immediately put to use and pulled the cost of a couple of items right down.

There is also the chance to talk with the suppliers and if you are really nice to them - get some free samples.

Overall, for me - yes a good day and not too far. The only spoiling factor is the number of families with children there - is it really for them? probably not and teh organisers need to think about who can actually attend.

KIAB likes this.
  3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Trade shows are not for kids.

Shame they con't hold say 3 or 4 shows around the UK, as it's present location makes it too far to travel for some.

4. masterdiy

masterdiy Screwfix Select

I went to the Exeter Westpoint this year again.
    Problem is you cant really get a good deal even there.
    I was after a couple of items, Bosch bevel mitre saw ++, even with a Bosch rep on the stand couldn't do a deal.

Came home got one from Toolnet, as recommended by some cheapskate on here, and saved over £30. inc' free delivery.
    But for me, its just a good place to go & look. Then buy elsewhere. Even so, its still a 100 mile round trip.