Screwfix prices.

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by JayT1975, Mar 7, 2017.

1. JayT1975

JayT1975 New Member

So just sat and read the latest Screwfix bible but very unimpressed with all the price increases. I get emails daily from other tool suppliers with news of their latest price drops but it seams Screwfix is going the other way. I bought a laser level from Screwfix only last week and in the new catalogue it's £10 more expensive. Anyone else noticed this ? :(

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Go elsewhere then.

3. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

You're lucky. one of our local timber merchants (Harlows Timber) have not only increased their prices , but now have a minimum length of timber to buy. Called in today as I needed 2.7 m of torus skirting to finish off a bedroom. Lad behind the counter tells me the minimum order now is 6 meters. I left it and went to another merchants instead . Sod em.

Astramax, KIAB and CGN like this.
  4. JayT1975

JayT1975 New Member

The option to go elsewhere is always there chippie244 I'm just saying that price is nearly always a factor in most cases when buying stuff. If they increase prices then people will go elsewhere. I was just surprised how many items had gone up in price.

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

And they will blame Brexit...:rolleyes:

6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Bought a Bosch laser lever last Oct from Screwfix was reduced from £149.99 to £99.99 then used the £20 of your next purchases over £100 voucher bought a packet of cable clips and got the lot for £81.12p...............................result.

CGN likes this.
  7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

:mad::mad:

£20 of your next purchases over £100 voucher:eek:, never seen one, never had one:(.

8. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I can't see the point of the post, if you don't like the prices then go elsewhere, don't start a post going "Oh Waitrose is expensive"

9. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Yes honest, got another batch on last month for £10, £15 and £20 off........didn't use them so did the next best thing........recycle bin.:cool:

KIAB likes this.
  10. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Just bought £200 of Kudox radiators, a voucher would have been nice.:(

11. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Yes, they are not transferable to another person as it has the customer name and numbers on them. Ask Screwfix Peter.

12. masterdiy

masterdiy Screwfix Select

Yeh, Gotta agree with JayT1975 their prices are a bit steep on some items.

chippie244, Yup, done that. But today one would think we must stay reasonably competitive or go bust.
    The idea surely is that a post like this should give SF some feedback & hopefully SF can either bring prices down or loose customers.
    Which they did on my last purchase a miter saw, as the price difference was over £30.

JayT1975 likes this.
  13. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Same here with a cordless drill, got drill cheaper elsewhere & with two 3Ah batteries, instead of 1.5Ah batteries at our host.

masterdiy likes this.
  14. JayT1975

JayT1975 New Member

Chippie244 were not all keyboard warriors and some of us have to work for a living. Price does matter and yes we can all shop elsewhere. The point of the post was a observation and I'm sorry ,I thought the point of a forum was to chat about whatever we think.

masterdiy likes this.
  15. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

We, who's we?

16. Price is always relative.

If you need something urgent to complete a job, or to save time, and especially if it is a cost you are passing on, then dearer doesn't matter.

If you are working to a tight quote and have time to source at best price, then cost is important.

Buying things like tools, then you have to take into account warranty, cheapest isn't always best.

KIAB likes this.
  17. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I was chatting, I work for a living, I wouldn't start a post about something that trivial and yes you can talk about anything you like and I can critisise you.

18. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I've noticed the price of petrol going up,, but there's not a lot I can do about it. Not much chance of "shopping around" for it though. ;);)

19. Have to admit I never realised petrol was in the catalogue :p

CGN and KIAB like this.
  20. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Just saved 1p on a tank full and only had to drive 15 miles to get it.

CGN likes this.