Scribing kitchen units problem!

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by John Hepburn, Feb 15, 2015.

1. John Hepburn

John Hepburn Member

Hi, I am fitting my kitchen, but have come across a problem. I am using a howdens kitchen which has seperate end panels. I set my end panel so it sat flush with the back of the cabinet and flush with the top, when I come to put doors on, the door stuck out more than the front of the end panel. I adjusted the door as far back as I could get it and had to adjust the end panel to suit. There is now a gap between the end panel and the wall. Are you supposed to scribe the back of the cabinet (not the end panel) to the wall. I know this would be the case if it was a built in end panel but never fitted one with seperate end panels.

2. TartanPaint

TartanPaint Member

If there's a gap at the back then I would say yes you need to scribe and trim the carcass to the wall to set it back. From what I recall the Howdens décor ends are supplied the correct width to come out level with the door front, so its a bit odd you say it is too narrow when its flush at the back.

3. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

I've just fitted a Howdens kitchen...the end panels when fitted flush to the back of the carcass overhang the front of the carcass by 20 mm so should stand slightly proud of your doors. This was with their standard carcass and Grenwich kitchen.