scrub-able/ diamond trade paint

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by unclebobby, Feb 4, 2016.

1. unclebobby

unclebobby New Member

Just got back from b and q, and the piant bloke did everything other than beg me on his hands and knees to buy their new Valspar range! I went in to ask the difference between dulux endurance and dulux diamond trade, but he did everything to get me away from buying dulux.

Maybe I am being harsh? Can anyone vouch for valspar trade paint? Is it tougher than dulux diamond trade paint?

What about paint from wickes, screwfix and the others?

Which scrubable paint is the best for landing/ kids rooms etc?

many thanks

2. MalcyB

MalcyB Active Member

My sons a decorator. One of his customers said she would get the paint as she could get a pensioner disc at B&Q, so he said get Dulux, a quality paint.
    Her bedroom needed 5 coats and it still looked c**p. It turns out the B&Q dulux is far inferior to the Dulux Decorator centre stuff.
    I have also heard it said about other things from there
    I would stay away from B&Q, things are cheap for a reason.

3. unclebobby

unclebobby New Member

really what?

Perhaps you could elaborate just a little more on your question?

4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Here's two elaborations, Dulux Retail and Dulux Trade.

5. Soz, Unc Bob - my 'Really?' was aimed at Malcy's seeming claim that B&Q's Dulux was not the same as Dulux's Dulux.

If it says the same fing on t'tin, then I'd be gobsmacked if it wasn't t'same stuff inside.

6. HandyDoug

HandyDoug New Member

Depends if you are looking for White/Magnolia or a colour. The Valspar Trade colour range is good and they hold a Pantone 'license' which Dulux don't. So for specific brand matching it is great. For 'scrubable' paint Dulux Diamond is both compliant and expensive but the Valspar 'Trade' says it's the same but I have not tried it TBF. Wickes stock Dulux Trade but don't tint (at least around here) so there is a very limited colour range. Screwfix are relatively expensive for paint (generally - ....). DDC also offer nectar points if that makes a difference.