setting paving slabs as stepping stones

Discussion in 'Landscaping and Outdoors' started by Spanky1974, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Spanky1974

Spanky1974 New Member

Need some advise on bedding individual paving slabs into a slate chipped path.

See attached photo I now want to set stepping stones into the path was thinking 600 x 300 indian sandstone approx 3 per 2mtrs of slab just to break up the look of the path, I compacted all the soil and then stuck a layer of sand down with garden membrane on top and stuck the chippings down.

Question is would I be okay just clearing the areas of chippings and setting the slabs onto multipurpose concrete (fairly dry mix) was thinking of screwing together a bit of a former out of timber to set into the cleared chippings and then laying the slabs onto the that, I could then let it go off a bit and then remove the former and move onto the next one, I have loads of old timber that I could use so could knock up a fair few formers.

Would this bed the slabs enough or would they start to move under foot over time.
    Thanks in advance any help or advise would be apreciated

Attached Files: