Sfcu for outdoor socket...

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by major-eyeswater, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Ok, next diy job:
    Fitting an outdoor socket, straight out from socket on ring. Now, does this need to be fed by a fcu, and if so a switched one?
    What's the easiest way to add a sfcu to an existing socket?

Many thanks.

2. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

If the original socket is on the ring then no need for a fcu, if it isn't on the ring and is just a spur then the fcu would need to go before the original socket anyway. Also needs RCD protection, if its straight through the wall then you could fit and exterior RCD socket, if you bury the cable feeding it then the cable needs RCDing as well.

3. sparky Si-Fi

sparky Si-Fi Screwfix Select

Handy having a DP switch to isolate outside for the Xmas lights etc. or when the Pikeys come and steal your leccy when your on holiday. .

4. tina lucinda lane

tina lucinda lane Screwfix Select

hey not all pikeys are theiving gits i have quite a few friends who are pikeys.

5. TP&N

TP&N Active Member

They must be the only ones then

6. Neveryoumind

Neveryoumind Active Member

Do they mind that you call them pikeys? I thought that was a derogatory term.
    My opinions of pikeys are based on"my big fat gypsy wedding". I also thought that gypsy people were not friends with non gypsy people

7. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

Only coz they are sussing you out to see if you are worth ripping off lol.

Kind regards

8. tina lucinda lane

you have to be very well trusted to have them as friends and term is sometimes accepted between gypsy people (and those they trust) same as black people (so hope no one takes offence to that) use that nasty N word between each other with out it being seen as rasist but trust me it was a good 5 years before i even dare ask that i thought that was a term not to be used.

9. Neveryoumind

Neveryoumind Active Member

Good explanation, like when a black man calls his fellow black man " my N*****"

10. tina lucinda lane

yea just make sure when its ok to say it after all thats the main reason i never use nasty N word