Should I fill my cavity?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by fostyrob, Feb 16, 2017.

1. fostyrob

fostyrob Screwfix Select

I am going to have to re-do or at least top up the stuff in the attic at some point. I'm very tempted to remove all the horrible old stuff and be done with it. This stuff is a pleasure to work with.

What sort of school did you go to where they gave you glass fibre to play with?

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

We had water tank in loft leak, plumber left ladder in place while he popped off, so being a kid, it was a new place to explore at seven or eight:).
    And itcy coo insulation [​IMG][​IMG] was too good to resist, a little bit went a long way:),& the fun you could have, while girls & sometimes boys were at PE lesson,:eek: later your sat in class & watch the fun:).

3. So, which shade of blue are you going for :)

KIAB likes this.
  4. fostyrob

fostyrob Screwfix Select

We plan to go with the middle one, top row- sort of a green/blue/gray hybrid. It's one of Farrow and Ball's concoctions that we are going to colour match in a super matt finish. Who does the matching is yet to be decided. The bottom right of the 4 on the second row is what valspar came up with. It is on lining paper (the walls will be lined rather than re-skimmed) but to my eyes it is a different shade looking lighter and greener and it feels much cheaper (probably because it is).