Shower Advice

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by bradmore, Jan 27, 2015.

1. bradmore

bradmore New Member

My father has had a walk in shower fitted by a firm who called him up.

The shower now keeps cutting out on a regular basis, he says 8 times out of 10 he uses it. The company that did the fitting sent a triton engineer around and they felt it was due to external water pressure.

The company that did the fitting said they tested the water pressure and it was fine when it was fitted and that my dad should contact the water company to see what's up with the pressure.

Does anyone know what sort of checks on the water pressure they should have done before fitting?

Am I being reasonable in thinking the company that fitted this should get back to the house and sort it out in some way?

I would appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks.

2. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

hi.
    what model of shower is it?

3. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

the water supply company are responsible for supplying potable water at 9litres per minute at a pressure of one bar, If you are getting that amount of pressure when they test it, they will go no further, In my view thats poor pressure but if thats all you have you can't demand anything better, Now I said " when they test it" and they know if they test off peak, thats when your pressure is best, at peak times it may go lower so they'll do their damndest not to be there for that,
    so here's what to do, at peak times 8.00 am to 9.00am or 4.00pm to 6.00pm measure it your self, get a litre measure jug and a clock/stopwatch, go to the kitchen sink open the cold water tap fully and see how many litres you get in a minute, if its less than 9 you've got a case for the water board upgrading your property,

the people who fitted the shower have no responsibility to measure the water flow beforehand,

Jitender likes this.
  4. bradmore

bradmore New Member

Thanks I will check that.

I think its a safeguard T100